diabetics and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boz1950

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello again-- boz1950 here. Been asking questions about compressors and new gear. But now, I have a subject I searched and found no info. "THE DIABETIC DIVER"! I am type 1--or insulin dependent diabetic. AND I wear an insulin pump. While I am doing fine controlling the diabetes above water, I am wondering if we have any more diabetics here. A-1c is averaging about 6.6. This will mean nothing except to diabetics, and docs, nurses or other insulin dependant folks. ANd prob masters that do charters. But if you have any info to direct me to to help figure the safety about it all, PLEASE- shoot us diabetics some info. If there is already a thread for, let me know. I know there tubes of glucose, but never tried to get glucose under water. Seems feasible though. Can anyone help me?? Surely there are diabetics that refuse to give up on living with fun. Appreciate any help. PM at boz1950 or just post it here so all diabetics can learn. But I would sure like an active forum for it. We only live once and we only die once. It is what is in between that makes us be who we are. And I surely haven't given up- or died yet. :confused:

boy- thanks- that site has some good stuff. Have to spend more time on it, but wanted to say thanks right now.

Hey boz....ask your doc the same questions. Make that homeboy doc of yours earn his freaking golf money!

I will, but I think it better to hear from diabetic divers. And thanks

Back
Top Bottom