Question DH Regs Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once had a crystal of salt built up in the wing dump valve that would prevent the valve from closing fully. Its my own wing that i throughly rinse after each dive, so you can imagine my surprise when i found that salt crystal

Preparing for the unexpected :)

The Aqua Master, and probably all DH regulators are designed so that the supply side never sees water. Of coarse a little gets in one way or another, but just enough to make a little bit of a mess if not flushed out occasionally, depending on use. Rinsing is just as important on a DH as on a single hose regulator. I guess it's possible for something to jam up the diaphragm from the exhaust side, but not very likely.
One of the reasons why the Kraken and the Phoenix are nice is because a safe second can be attached with no fuss. I'm a non traditional DH diver and will not dive without an octopus and a pressure gauge.
People who dive DH generally know the internals and workings of their regulators very well.

I'm a non traditional DH diver and will not dive without an octopus and a pressure gauge.
Same, I am first looking to dive a modernized dh reg that has an octopus and pressure gauge.

On a vintage dh, an octopus and lpi can be connected to the hooka port with an adapter and a splitter. An spg would need either a long yoke and a banjo fitting or a modern first stage like a Phoenix (scarce right now). Or, as said, a second generation Trieste has the ports (and a little imagination with fittings and adapters).

I have only limited experience diving my PRAM, but I find interactions with fish and other critters are greatly enhanced by the bubbles exiting behind my torso, and being much quieter. It is also pleasanter for me not to have the bubbles crackling in my ears. This could be a big deal for fish photographers.

In water testing of an uncertain newly adjusted DH.
I just sling a 40 cu ft tank, not as elegant
But gives me backup

Also I don't have a fancy dsv mouthpiece..
I make a fairly tight necklace for mine.
If it out of my mouth it sits under my chin, and has less of a chance to free flow, also nice when stowing, the necklace gets hooked over the yoke, and you get no stress on the hoses.

Since I forgot to say it up-thread, if you're ever in Alabama/Florida panhandle area let me know. I have a few DH regs we could link up at the springs for you to try.

@Arseniy Urazov,

Did you ever procure/try a double-hose reg? If so, then what do you think?

rx7diver
Unfortunately no

I decided to do cave training instead so i had to cut unnecessary spending on all other scuba categories

I did do more reading on it, and i am pretty sure that i will like DH regs (especially modernized versions) over modern 2 stage designs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom