DGX's value BP/W package and 8' diameter steel tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess it shouldn't make a difference but thought I'd ask in case it did matter. Their description says, "This rig can accommodate the typical aluminum AL-80 or steel HP-100 tank."

I guess it shouldn't make a difference but thought I'd ask in case it did matter. Their description says, "This rig can accommodate the typical aluminum AL-80 or steel HP-100 tank."
Why don't you contact them and ask?

I'm guessing it's because of the 25lb wing which is the smallest one they have and most likely to be used with the smaller tanks and while wearing wetsuits, skins, etc. The larger 8" tanks are probably being associated with drysuits which would need a larger wing.

Don't see why the tank diameter would make a difference.

Because if the wing isn't wide enough, an 8" tank could prevent it from inflating to it's full capacity/lift.

The DGX Gears single tank wing is identical to the Dive Rite Travel EXP wing. If I were the OP, I would email DGX and DR and ask them both if that wing will achieve it's full rated amount of lift when used with an 8" tank and no STA and see what they say.

dgx said most 8" diameter tanks would fit. he did ask for more info on my dive setup to make sure 25lb lift was sufficient, but i think that was more about lift capacity and not tank/wing fit.

dgx said most 8" diameter tanks would fit. he did ask for more info on my dive setup to make sure 25lb lift was sufficient, but i think that was more about lift capacity and not tank/wing fit.

"Most"?! I wonder how one 8" tank could fit and another not...

rereading his email, i see he was referring to the weight of an 8" tank, not the 8" diameter, and that "most 8" diameter tanks will work." i placed the order for the bp/w package today but it won't ship out until Tuesday. i hope it gets here by Saturday so i can take it to lake phoenix on sunday!

Orders from them almost always get to me 2 days after I place the order. I'd say, as long as they have it in stock, you are pretty safe to have it for this weekend. :)

Congrats and enjoy! Have fun at Phoenix! Are you going with one of the shops from here or just on your own/with a buddy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom