DGX600 Flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doby45

Do I have something in my teeth?
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I sent an email to DGX to see if it is replaceable under "warranty" or what their process is.

All in all I love the light and I carry two of them on me. The other one is perfectly fine. My buddy and I were down over 100' this weekend and I noticed his light started to blink the "I am about to die" blink. So I handed him one of my DGX600s and when he turned it on the light looked weird. It almost looked like a disco strobe light as the light bounced around through the water in the lens cap. It worked fine even flooded through the remainder of the dive and when we got to our setup area I unscrewed it to drain the water and it burst about like a soda can.

So I get home and shoot DGX an email and ask about their "warranty" process. Needless to say I was a bit shocked at the level of customer service I received. I was told by the DGX rep that they would warranty it and that they stood 100% behind their products.

All in all I could not be more happy with the light and the customer service I received. Please do take note that even when the light was flooded it continued on a 30min dive with a shimmering but bright light.

Visible flooding

20160815_180127.jpg

Smexy DGX600

20160815_180216.jpg

DGX customer service is awesome!

And since their return policy is basically lifetime - meaning, by their policy, you could return an item after you've had it for 5 years - it's no surprise that they would be happy to replace that light for you.

Any idea why it flooded? The customer service doesn't surprise me--DGX is great--but why did it flood in the first place?

I had a DGX800 that flooded the first time I used it, and DGX replaced it promptly. The new one has been fine.

It is my suspicion that the light I had, when assembled but turned off, did not have the O-rings far enough under the outer barrel to be past the taper.

Any idea why it flooded? The customer service doesn't surprise me--DGX is great--but why did it flood in the first place?

I have no idea. I carry two one me and the other one was/is perfectly fine. I did not do a significant inspection to see if there is any way all three O-rings had been compromised via a scratch or what not. Put it this way, I was just as shocked as the lights really are made virtually bulletproof.

There was a bit of corrosion on the top of the battery. This makes me think that maybe it was compromised a couple of weeks ago when I was in Pompano and the light simply was not used until this past weekend.

Maybe the light head seal failed and has nothing to do with the o-rings

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom