DGX new doubles wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Searched and didn't find any mention of it. 55lb lift. $299. I've found one friend that has one and loves it. Anyone else? I've got a 45 DR Rec horseshoe wing and it's not quite enough. 60 is too much. I want a doughnut and I'm not finding anything in the middle.

DGX Gears D1 Doubles Wing - 55lb Lift | Dive Gear Express®

@Marie13 what are you diving with where 60lbs is too much?
My concern with that wing is how fat it is on the bottom. Doubles tend to make you head heavy due to manifold/dual regulators, so unless you also have a big weight belt on, I would avoid that design. It's made in the USA tag is the same as the Dive Rite and with their previous wing designs I bet it's made by Saratoga who makes Dive Rites wings so quality will be on par with them.

@Marie13 what are you diving with where 60lbs is too much?
My concern with that wing is how fat it is on the bottom. Doubles tend to make you head heavy due to manifold/dual regulators, so unless you also have a big weight belt on, I would avoid that design. It's made in the USA tag is the same as the Dive Rite and with their previous wing designs I bet it's made by Saratoga who makes Dive Rites wings so quality will be on par with them.

HP80 doubles with 23 lbs added weight (between BP and lead). Weights are 5lb BP, 5lbs in a V weight between tanks, and the rest in a DUI weight harness. Just started using that and it's working well. I'm naturally buoyant, plus thick undies. That weight was what I did during my recent ITT class. It is what it is.

@Marie13,

It adds up fast...

All too soon you will need a large warehouse to store your dive equipment, a two ton truck to transport all the tanks, weight belts, BIUs, wet suits, underwater cameras and a portable crane to place and pick you up from the local dive hole...

Been there, done that
Enjoy every moment of it !

And above all recall the motto

Cheers from a hill in Sunny, Bright and Warm CenCal

Sam

@Marie13
that still doesn't say where 60lbs is too much though, the size difference between 55 and 60lb wings is pretty negligible. One gallon of water is is 8.3lbs, so the difference between a 55lb and a 60lb wing is about half a gallon of water across the entire area of the wing, it's functionally indistinguishable.

If you have the weight on v-weight, plate, and a harness, then that is very much the wrong shape of wing that you want. Combined with a drysuit and you'll be vertical the whole dive, just head down....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom