DG03 deco issues, longer than it should be & nitrox problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zaixon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
ok a little background on my diving. I dive with a Hollis DG03 and I usually do deep rec dives with a computer or tec ranging from 120-190fsw using a gauge with computer printout, and sometimes just bring my 40 cu ft tank to decompress having stayed a bit longer on a deeper dive.

Now with that being said the other day we were diving and doing a 3 tank dive where the first dive went fine, deepest was about 140fsw had bout an hour and a half surface interval and then did a dive to 85fsw. I don't remember the exact times of first dive but I was not in deco at the end of the dive. So on the second dive I stayed down a bit longer and ended up in deco a bit so on way up I did my deep stop and made my way slowly to 15ft where it said I had 16min of deco which was a bit shocking to me. Two of my buddies were with me yet were both diving atomic cobalts, both did the deep stop and as we got to the 15ft mark they had a 6 min deco stop according to their computers. So a bit puzzled by this I hung there as they went up. Now I have used this computer with multi gas before and it seemed fine but this is the first time I had put it in deco without changing gasses so is it just being extra conservative? I figured I might have a little more deco than my buddies but not double the time. if anyone can shed some light on the situation it would be great

Also, I set the nitrox for 1.5ppo2 sometimes where I kno I wont be staying at that deep of a depth for too long but the computer still flashes HIGH NI^ which basically is saying go up because the mix that I'm past the 1.4 ppo2 but if I set it to 1.5 why does that still flash and beep?? it's gotten to be quite annoying and was wondering if theres a fix. and no I'm not doin the whole dive at 1.5 just a brief part of it.

Thanks for any help

Back
Top Bottom