DFW airport questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Skylink train does keep you inside the secured area, it's really nice BTW, huge improvement over the old tram.

Lol remember the old underground one? It went down the track bouncing off the walls and every now and then you'd see someone totally eat it if they weren't holding on? Good times.....good times...

Lol remember the old underground one? It went down the track bouncing off the walls and every now and then you'd see someone totally eat it if they weren't holding on? Good times.....good times...

The worst things about the old tram were: going only in one direction, meaning you might have to loop completely around the entire airport to get your gate. Then there was it's propensity to stop working in every heavy rain, leaving the uninitiated (read tourists) stranded on the tramway. Many Frequent Flyers memorized the direction of travel and NEVER took the tram in a thunderstorm, instead walking on the people movers no matter how late you might be.

It took me quite awhile to even consider using the new Skylink, after years of "tram conditioning", but it is a really nice bi-directional system, all weather too!

Skylink is awesome. I've got to say it seems like I connect with my gates in almost half the time with it. They move considerably faster, even the doors. "Now boarding, move clear of the doo..." *smash* as the doors close on someone's luggage since they got in and the bag didn't quite make it.

I can't comment on DFW customs and immigration, but every flipping time I fly through that airport on domestic trips, my flight is delayed for some reason. I have reached the point that I just add in an extra 2 hours to my schedule for arrival, assuming that I will get delayed for some reason. And for those bagging on IAH customs and immigration, they are a total cakewalk compared to Miami. I will never ever voluntarily fly international routes coming back through Miami if there is another alternative available. My experiences in Houston have never seemed particlularly long, but I never have flights to catch since I live in Houston, so it might just be that I am not watching the clock as much.

I do know that I can't wait for Southwest to finish the international terminal at Hobby and start flying to Mexico and the Caribbean from there. United will have to step up their game to avoid losing alot of passengers to Southwest once that facility opens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom