Devil's Ear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every time I've been there the sun has been stuck behind lots of clouds, and I miss the whole "eerie" thing. Nice pics, though.

I'm hoping to take a cavern course there with NSS sometime this summer, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's inside them caves....at least to a point.

GUEdiver once bubbled...

I don't know what kind of rebreather they were using, but the bottom of the harness said "Trango" if that means anything to anybody. Their gear showed wear (ceiling scrapes), so I'm guessing they have a good deal of experieince using the rebreathers in the cave.

Sure looks like a Topaz Prism to me... that's exactly what I plan on using as well.... :D

Lots to learn still... that's for sure

That's what I thought...I just wasn't sure because I haven't ever seen one assembled and in the water. I've only seen the catalog and web pics.

Dee (thanks) gave me some tips for posting pictures, so hopefully my picture will be viewable in the area below instead of attached to the message.

This one is me coming up through a partial restriction. It's a little grainy due to backscatter (camera flash only, no strobe), but you get the picture (har har, pun intended).

Devil's Ear Photo

photo link edited by Dee

I just got back yesterday from my cavern/Intro cert at Ginnie and your photos bring back the memories of all the fun (and very hard work) that was for us. I'm not sure my instructor had ever had two girls for a class before, but along with some good natured ribbing we did great - the Ear is my very favorite! I just love fighting that super-current out of the entrance - all the tight spaces in there remind me of rock climbing - only down (entrance).....or sideways! (the lips)

We spent our whole week in class, so I didn't even bother to take my camera, but even now I don't think I could get mine in there.....too big (F100 in a Sea & Sea NX100 housing with dual 90 strobes) - especially not the ear, I need both hands just to pull myself in there!

52 feet at the gate of Ginnie Springs.....heading up this weekend for some more pics. It is great I live in Tampa so it is only a couple hour drive and I am there.

GUEdiver once bubbled...
this cavern is one of four in north central Florida that is safe for open water divers to venture into. It gets a lot of use for training at all sorts of levels.

In Ginnie Cavern

What are the other three?

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom