Devil's Den and Blue Grotto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would do Devil's Den and forgo Blue Grotto. Add in a day at Rainbow to complete the trip. We rented a canoe at KP Hole and paddled up to the Preserve, got out, donned our gear and dived back to the put in at KP, towing the canoe. Had great time. Rigged a dive flag to stand upright in the canoe....I'm sure that looked funny from any observers on shore!

I've done both and enjoyed them both, but I'll admit that it was probably six years ago. By now we have your curiosity up and I'll bet you'll do both! Please report back with your own opinion...and have fun!!

I did many dives in both, we used to do all our winter class checkout dives there. I liked them both, something different when you're used to diving in a lake all the time. Blue Grotto used to have a deep tunnel down the back side of the over hang. There were lights pointing down into the tunnel so it was only an advanced dive but as close to a cave dive as many of us will ever come. We did an advanced class night dive in Devil's Den once, talk about black water diving. Being a sink hole not much outside light gets into the hole so at night it's absolutly pitch dark inside, only the dive lights provide some light. We'd turn off our dive lights and follow the students around in stelth mode.:D

I liked them both, had alot of fun diving them and would like to dive them again someday.

Padipro:
I did many dives in both, we used to do all our winter class checkout dives there. I liked them both, something different when you're used to diving in a lake all the time. Blue Grotto used to have a deep tunnel down the back side of the over hang. There were lights pointing down into the tunnel so it was only an advanced dive but as close to a cave dive as many of us will ever come. We did an advanced class night dive in Devil's Den once, talk about black water diving. Being a sink hole not much outside light gets into the hole so at night it's absolutly pitch dark inside, only the dive lights provide some light. We'd turn off our dive lights and follow the students around in stelth mode.:D

I liked them both, had alot of fun diving them and would like to dive them again someday.

that would scare the crap out of me! not the "no light"...but the instructors chasing me in the dark!

Scubastud16:
that would scare the crap out of me! not the "no light"...but the instructors chasing me in the dark!

Makes for an interesting no warning OOA emergency drill. :wink:

I'll second that!

Try it in a no light, touch contact, air share exit from a cave......you know he's there......somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom