Destin Jetties Saturday 8/19/06 06:30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kchFLA:
...SeaYoda - I will set the alarm clock and ignore any thunder rumbling and be there.
Way to go KCH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see all the replies. I was certified through a PADI instructor that is a business associate with me. He teaches in Michigan and he found out I wanted to be certified. We did it over a long period of time but he flew down and he and some buddies dove the Oriskany a couple of times and then we spent a few days certifying and doing my OW certification. It was great because it was one-on-one attention and help. Actually, tomorrow (Saturday)I will be out around the jetties with some friends (non-divers). We will be on a pontoon boat snorkling (if we can avoid all the tourists and folks at the jetties) around and just enjoying the day. I have to check the tides and we might have to snorkle under the bridge some if the tide doesn't cooperate. I am originally from Ft. Walton Beach and own a business here so I have always been around the water here. Heck, I have been here long enough and old enough to remember driving over the Destin bridge when it was made of wood!! (I am 46). Would love to dive with you guys and learn from you. I am open to ANY help or suggestions you can give. One thing I would like to get from some of you is info on what some of you would suggest for gear? I need to buy a BC, regulator, etc. Was going to start to look at some of the local shops and try and build some relationships there. I have two employees who work for me that just got certified through Scuba Tech in Destin so thought I would start there.

Anyways, any suggestions you guys have on what to buy would really be appreciated. I hope to be able to work on a few more levels of certification, Advanced OW, and Nitrox, would also love to do some night diving. So, would like some decent equipment that can grow with me. I liked the wrist gauges my instructor friend had with his setup.

Thanks for the reply and look forward to meeting up with some of you. I am supposed to have my temporary card any day now.

Glen Wentworth

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snort, grunt, gurgle, ew, what time is it? OH MY GOD, LOOK HOW EARLY IT IS!!!! I am going back to bed. I will be doing a dive at a civilized time, at 3 pm at morrison. Bil, you need help.

You missed a nice dive. Bill did two; I had a leak again so only did one. Still very enjoyable.

photohikedive:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snort, grunt, gurgle, ew, what time is it? OH MY GOD, LOOK HOW EARLY IT IS!!!! I am going back to bed. I will be doing a dive at a civilized time, at 3 pm at morrison. Bil, you need help.
WHAT A WEENIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So how was the diving at the Jetties today? I was out there snorkling but man was it crazy out there with the Poker Run going on. Hope visibility was better at the jetties then where I was at?

Glen

Where is Morrison Spring that I see y'all talking about? Lived in FWB all my life and can't say that I know where that is?

It is in the woods........

from Fort Walton, go east on 98, then north on 331 to Freeport, west on 20, then north on 81, from there, you take 181 a couple miles, and Morrison Spring Rd will be on your right, follow that to the fork, go to the left, and at the end, is the spring.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom