Destin Jetties Saturday 8/19/06 06:30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Rise and shine!!!! High tide is 07:35 and I'm going to try and get two dives in and get back to the house for father-in-law sitting before 10:30 am. Anybody wanna play?

Birthday party Friday night will not allow an early morning Sat dive :( Boat races this weekend in Orange beach anyway...

Tell the truth - it's the EARLY hour isn't it :D.

Bah, the early hour doesnt' help, but I've done it before :D I must admit, I've gotta be more hard up for a dive than normal to leave in time to be there at 6:30.

I think the earliest high tide I've hit in Destin was at 5AM. I simply didn't sleep the night before, ick!

Sucks, got to work that day. Havent really had the best of luck here lately at the Jetties, been real crowded and havent had to good of vis.

Hey, was hoping to run in to some folks from Fort Walton/Destin. I just got certified last week and dove around the jetties and the Destin bridge. I am waiting for my C-card and I am anxious to get back in the water. Was wondering if you know of any good dive groups in our area? I need some people to dive with...but ones that will endure a newbie like myself.

Hi, Glenn. This is a great place to meet people to dive with. I'm always looking for someone to dive with. I'm only available on weekends. If you can make it tomorrow, that would be a good time to go.

SeaYoda - I will set the alarm clock and ignore any thunder rumbling and be there.

GLENFWB:
Hey, was hoping to run in to some folks from Fort Walton/Destin. I just got certified last week and dove around the jetties and the Destin bridge. I am waiting for my C-card and I am anxious to get back in the water. Was wondering if you know of any good dive groups in our area? I need some people to dive with...but ones that will endure a newbie like myself.

You've just found a dive group in the area that will endure your newbieness :) The biggest problem is, you may find yourself growing out of the newbiness quicker than you think by diving with us constantly!

GLENFWB:

Don't worry about being a newbie with this group. This group will continue to teach you as long as you accept their advice. SBM and others I have dove with are a good group. Remember, they were newbies at one time also. Congrats on getting certified and welcome to SB.
Howard

GLENFWB:

Welcome!

Who did you do your training with?

You are more than welcome on any dive with me (wanna get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow? :D). I'm also a member of a local dive club called the Scubaholics. The group of us that dive together from ScubaBoard and the Scubaholics are great folks to dive with. We rarely feed the new guy to the sharks :laughing:.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom