Destin Jetties Monday 9/4/06 07:00

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
High tide is 08:05 and I plan to be at the parking area by 07:00 to try and beat the crowds. I'll only be doing one dive - got things to do at home. Anybody wakin' up early?

Now if we can get everybody posting here we might all see each other :laughing:.

I'll be there as well. Just was sending a pm to hatman. Snorkling will be fun tomorrow, but gotta get the scuba in at least once over the labor day weekend. :D

Totally extraneous information; Dasiy, the dog, refuses to let me sleep in so I might as well dive if she has me up that early.

Don'tcha just love pets??? Speaking of pets, where is PHD? Did he make a firm commitment to this dive or not?

hey guys. few more ?'s. what type exposure suit do you recommend? got from a shorty to a 5m. are the jellies bad right now? just don't want to be uncomfortable.

I dive in a T-shirt and trunks. There were a few jelly pieces in the water last dive but I only saw one whole one. The floating parts just make me itch a little. As far as what we'll find Monday, it's hit or miss. I'll probably just leave the suit at home and brave the waters hoping for the best. The walk to the jetties can get quite hot in a suit when the sun is up.

SeaYoda:
Don'tcha just love pets??? Speaking of pets, where is PHD? Did he make a firm commitment to this dive or not?

Are you kidding? This is way toooooooo early for him.

To go off topic a wee bit. I have yet to do a night dive. Would the jetties be an option for that? Since the tides will be moving to night time I thought this might be a possibility. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would anyone be willing to accompany me on that first night dive?

kchFLA:
...To go off topic a wee bit. I have yet to do a night dive. Would the jetties be an option for that? Since the tides will be moving to night time I thought this might be a possibility. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would anyone be willing to accompany me on that first night dive?
My one and only night dive so far was at the jetties. I'm not a big fan of night dives but this was OK. I like lots of friends around so the sharks will eat them first :D. I'll probably do some more night dives this fall - the Scubaholics may be planning one in September. I'm sure you'd be welcome.

I will be there......................................otto

On the nite dive . Next sat. is the full moon. if tides are rite I would be up for it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom