Destin Jetties dive report 7/14/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got in the water today at about 8:45 am after the rain stopped. Water temp was 83 degrees at 45'. No June Grass there today! Viz was 45'. Current was very strong, had to use two hands to crawl accross the rocks to get to the point. Even the sheltered north side had a definite pull toward the point. Usual small fish plus a school of catfish out today. There were a few jelly fish out today as well. The wrasses were unusually ha-Wrassing today. One bit the inside of my ear and another bit my upper lip. Had one group of bad mannered divers that disturbed my picture taking twice during the dive - I got smacked in the head with a fin by one of them! The sun was shining and the water beautiful as I was leaving - boy, I hated to go to work. All in all it was a good dive, I'd rate it an 8 on a scale of 10. Here are some pictures:

Wings:
Excellent pics.... the first jellyfish pic is terrific !
Thanks. I'm still learning this U/W picture taking thing. Glad you enjoyed them.

Those are amazing pics. I gotta get over there sometime. If you ever want to do a write up on Destin for my site, let me know :wink: You are already the feature photographer.

Lookin great SeaYoda :)

We had ~40-45' vis out there this past Saturday as well. Out of lack of time, I haven't posted a report or many pictures(just what you've seen in the UWphoto forums).

I'll be out there again Sunday morning for high-tide and I hope to bring along my roomates camera once again. We'll have a larger group this time around with 5-6 divers and 3-4 snorkelers :)

jviehe:
Those are amazing pics. I gotta get over there sometime. If you ever want to do a write up on Destin for my site, let me know :wink: You are already the feature photographer.
I'm getting ready to post to the sticky thread here. Is there any particular information you use on your site? You can use what I post here or I'll fix something up for you - you just say the word.

Feature Photographer - nice :D :D :D .

No, just a basic site overview. I like to keep some recent pictures and conditions up to date where possible, and you are my star reporter (with credit). If I ever make any money off it (not likely), Ill send you some. :)

You what would be great, is a site drawing, or is there a overhead pic or map somewhere, with depths etc?

jviehe:
... If I ever make any money off it (not likely), Ill send you some. :)

You what would be great, is a site drawing, or is there a overhead pic or map somewhere, with depths etc?
I like money too :D .

I think I have seen some shots from overhead, but they are probably copyrighted. I'll see what I can come up with.

If the weather holds, I'm going diving again tomorrow. I plan on taking a few more land shots of the site before I post to the sticky thread here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom