Destin Jetties dive report 5/16/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
I just got my schedule today and I'm working on the 25th. Oh well, maybe next trip. I hope you have a great dive!

Well, the jettys were a great dive. Loved them. My wife said that when I moved a rock I got inked. Are there Octopi there?? Any other things that would ink ya? Saw some puffers, crabs, spadefish, great shell pickings.

We also went to the Destin bridge rubble and some reef. Vis was only about 20-30ft on the reef and we were with some new diver that was having extreme dificulty w/ his ears. The rubble was pretty good, saw a female lobster w/ eggs and an Amora (sp?) tried to attach itself to my wife at first and then me. Would really like to know where the shark was that it left!!

PlanoDvr1:
... My wife said that when I moved a rock I got inked. Are there Octopi there?? Any other things that would ink ya? ...

The rubble was pretty good, saw ...an Amora (sp?) tried to attach itself to my wife at first and then me. Would really like to know where the shark was that it left!!

I'm glad you had a good time. There are octopi here but I've never seen one. There is a darker organic material that collects under the rocks. It can get stirred up when you move a rock and, in contrast to the white sand, look like black or brown ink.

Attached is a picture of a Remora (shark sucker). They give me the willies because I never know what they were riding before they try and sneek up on me for a ride.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom