Destin Jetties / Crystal Beach old pier dive report 8/16/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
I can't dive tomorrow but if you want to do the Jetties, Monday is the only day with a daytime high tide. I get off work at about 1:30 PM and high tide will be at 2:40 PM. It's one of those days with a double high tide so not much movement of water - viz could be good or not. If you want to try the Crystal beach pier, I can dive any afternoon (after work) but Sunday or Wednesday. We would need to be sure the gulf is pretty flat so it would be a day by day check of the conditions.

What do you think??

Sounds good to me. Maybe Thursday? flaco_55

SeaYoda,
We will be back in Destin the week of October 3-7 and enjoyed the jetties so much that we will probably want to do this again. I know its about 43 days out but keep us in mind. We did the ScubaTech boat thing over to the jetties last time but will want to save the $ so will be parking and doing a bit of walking.

BTW, what's it like diving during the first part of October?

Doug and Kristen

Temps may be a bit cooler, maybe... I'd guess low 80ºsF or upper 70ºsF at coolest. Visibility will vary on weather and any tropical occurances... and the Gulf's temper.

flaco_55:
Sounds good to me. Maybe Thursday? flaco_55
I'll see if I can give you a call tonight. Thursday will probably be OK. I've been driving by the pier each afternoon and the water is not flat but still that nice shade of blue. The particles will probably be stirred up a bit, but as long as no big storms come in we should have acceptable viz.

PlanoDvr1:
I know its about 43 days out but keep us in mind.
I'll keep it in the book :D. I never know what will happen to my schedule - duty calls and all that stuff.

Be sure to double check the high tides for the dates you are coming - the daytime high tides get less and less often in the fall and winter months. If the tides are bad and the Gulf is flat we could do the pier - just a thought, in case. We could also do a spring if all else fails.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom