Destin, Florida???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone reccommend places to dive/with in Destin? Anybody have any pictures?

-D

Emerald Coast Offers some pretty good diving, I have never been out with Scuba tech but I am sure that they visit the same sites. The Jetties can be a nice Shore dive if you don't mind a long walk in soft sand. Will try to post some pictures Tomorrow of destin dive we did 2 weeks ago if I remember to get them developed this afternoon.

Hey Stone, that offer good for anyone?

jdb once bubbled...
Hey Stone, that offer good for anyone?

All it takes is experience, anchor duty, good weather, (and gas money:)).

ScubaTech runs 2 or 3 times a day. Since they have to return for the next boatload, they rarely hit sites much farther out than 8 or 10 miles. Occasionally they will do an all-day 3-tank out to 25 miles.

I got certifed with Scubatech back in 97, and have been back with them 5 or so times since.

They are a first classs operation, with great instructors, and hit some nice dives.

While I don't have my log book with me, I beleive Scubatech and Emerald hit most of the same dive sites, which consist of:

The miss louise: 40ish foot ship, if I recall in about 65ish feet of water.

Bridge Pile: I beleive the old bridge, tons and tons of fish the times I had been there, might be a good place to spear flounder.

Jetties: Nice check out dive area, always plenty to see, with crystal clear water.

Air Force Barge: Don't recall much... about 65ish feet iirc.

Royal Palm Ledge: 50ft reef, to be honest, don't remember if this is Destin or not.

I beleive I have also gone other places with Scubatech, but for the live of me can't remember the names.

Enjoy.

Reiger once bubbled...
I believe I have also gone other places with Scubatech, but for the live of me can't remember the names.

ScubaTech routinely goes to these other sites as well:

Fort Walton Barge (200 ft barge)
Barrel Barge or New Barge (100 ft barge with some storage tanks)
Destin Liberty Ship (400 ft Liberty ship)
Whitehill Reef
Amberjack Reef/Rock

All the sites mentioned by me or Reiger are less than 8 miles from the pass, and range in depth from 60 to 80 ft.

I am shooting to come down to Destin, on Friday night the 16th of May for the weekend. I will be staying at my Dad's condo. Are there any good diving plans happening that weekend?

Seaangel - your best bet would be to phone scubatech or emerald coast and talk to them with regards to charters, or check the web sites - I think Stone posted links earlier

SS

Scuba Tech is a first class operation. Nancy rns the boat and really does a great job. Steve Powell is the owner and really treat you well. I always dive the jetties when in Destin. try to time it with slack tide, overweight yourself and stay near the bottom. Make sure you wear gloves because you will need to hold on if the current is flowing. If you can't catch it @ slack, then definitely dive it on an incoming tide. make sure you bring a dive flag.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom