Destin area, mid-March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
do you guys float a dive flag when you dive the Destin jetties?

Mike - there are always boats pulling up close too, or right up on shore at the jetties - especially during spring break (those crazy kids like the beach)...... I'm not much of a fan of dive flags, but that is one site where I would always have one....

SS

We usually have a dive flag, tie it to the metal trough that sits in about 25'. The last time I went with SeaYoda, we still got buzzed by boats despite the fact that he had a dive float with a dive flag painted on it and the words "Divers Below" or something similar on it... there should be no misinterpretting it!

SuPrBuGmAn:
... we still got buzzed by boats despite the fact that he had a dive float with a dive flag painted on it and the words "Divers Below" or something similar on it... there should be no misinterpretting it!
A boat came all the way up to the flag according to Larry - he was on shore and was going to yell at them but they left. I guess they thought it was a lost beach ball or something. D'OH !!!!!

just a bump...

I know most of you are headed to St. Andrew's that weekend, but that weekend is a little to tight for me....

Morning, noon, night during the whole week. Please help me stay out of the malls....

SS

ScubaScott:
I'm headed to Destin, Florida, and will be there from March 12-18. I am not travelling with a dive buddy this year, so I am looking for a buddy to do some diving. Have car, can travel for diving, but have a non-diving spouse that requires I return to her before sunup. I am up for all diving except caving, as I'm not cave cert.

Also, if anyone is interested in drinks and storytelling, I game for that as well...

SS

We're going to be in Destin the same time you are. We'll be getting in on Sunday the 13th and will be there till the 18th. We're staying at the Hilton Sandestin just down the beach a few miles away from the Jetties. We'll be doing some dives at the Jetties and Vortex too. There are 3 of us and we all dive but usually not all of us go at the same time. ( The Girls like to hit the Spa on occation you know :wink: )

Where are you staying ?

Timeliner:
We're going to be in Destin the same time you are. We'll be getting in on Sunday the 13th and will be there till the 18th. We're staying at the Hilton Sandestin just down the beach a few miles away from the Jetties. We'll be doing some dives at the Jetties and Vortex too. There are 3 of us and we all dive but usually not all of us go at the same time. ( The Girls like to hit the Spa on occation you know :wink: )

Where are you staying ?

T - we stay in one of the condos on the old highway - right on the beach - the Seacove I think its called (I could be wrong, but I know there's a nice little postdive watering hole right across the street).

I'm there all week, and looking to dive morning, noon and night, and will dive any of the locations.....

Depending on where we go, my wife may or may not join....

Do you want to try to get together?

SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom