Destin and Navarre shore diveable wrecks(allegedly)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKris:
I did a job on Navarre beach six plus months ago. There was a grounded sail boat, probably in the 35' class

The home owners told me it was grounded and abandond by the owner during the hurricanes, it may have sank and this may be the one.

There may be some salvage availab le

If it weren't for the location, I'd say this was the same sailboat. This one is supposedly just East of the boardwalk on Santa Rosa Island. Aside from that, I'd think this was the same boat, this one was suppposed to be beached for awhile before high surf took it out and sunk it between sandbars.

Next time I'm in Destin during the day, I plan to check out the newer 30-35' sailboat if its still around.

Its underwater, I doubt the outboard is worth a crap at this point. Sure you can come, whenever it is I go?!...

I'm all for finding some random stuff in the ocean to decorate my dive room with.

I'm game for diving it, let me know when we want to do this.

I walked out to the area the newer boat is supposed to be, tide was coming in, but it had just started coming in a few hours earlier, so not nearly at a high tide. I went Wednesday, seas were glassy and topside visibility was unlimited. I saw no signs of a mast sticking out of the water.

Either the boat has flipped or the rigging has been knocked over into the water, the seas have dragged it somewhere else, or the boat was salvaged.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom