desperate diver for Philippiness' beauty. first time diving there!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys, I need help! going to the Philippines from the 20th of April 2023 for a couple of weeks and looking to spend a week on a remote island and go out on day safaris for diving trips out from the island. Found a safari (recommended by someone here), but to my dismay, only one place is available. Would anyone please (and very kindly) provide contacts of diving centres offering similar packages or help me choose between the 7,000 islands available? This is possibly my only time coming to the Philippiness, and I'm desperate for some guidance!

I've been in the Phil several times, visited Tubbataha, moalboal, Anilao etc ...
Based on your request IMO Bohol fits your needs, panglao beach has several resort some with dive shop on site. You can easily dive Balicasag and/or Palmilacan islands both are 30/45 min away by boat and dive spot are among the best in the country. Enjoy

No day trips to Tubbataha, the liveaboard takes about 10 hours to get there, and there is essentially no land protection for the boat out there. So how much do you trust that you don’t get seasick? I’m one of the lucky ones who does not. The crossing was like glass for us, but that might not always be the case.

I guess you could call the island of Luzon the “mainland.” But technically it’s all islands, some are just bigger than others.

Perhaps you could stay on Apo island - it’s a mostly homestay sort of place without running water or electricity other than some generator. But unless you really want that experience you can stay in Dauin and do a day trip to Apo, as well as to many other dive sites around Dauin. Once you’re there, it can feel like a remote island.

Similar rustic place might be Verde Island, though I'm not sure if there is a dive op there.

Forget the remote island, it won't be if there is a dive operator. Try Indonesia eg. Homestay at Raja Ampat.
40 yrs ago Puerto Galera has only one dive operator, fast forward to 2023 the number.........sky rocketing.
Romblon, I have never been, but is quite remote from most places.
Leyte Island is quite big but Sogod Bay is in a very quiet corner and diving is excellent. There are only a handful few dive operators.
Sipalay in Negros Island is very similar but diving is not as good as Sogdo Bay.
El Nido at the tip of Palawan is quiet and diving is available. However, I have been told the place has seen quite a bit of development. I was there 20 yrs ago and all the roads were not paved!
Camotes Island, not sure if there is any dive operator since Ocean Deep pulled out several yrs ago.
Camiguin Island, lovely but diving is very ordinary and it does has 7 volcanoes.
Good luck to you search.

Back
Top Bottom