DEPP Insurance- Do they still exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnDough

Reaction score
I have a DEPP Policy. I have been trying to contact them for months. 1st I called alot and never left a message hoping to try again for a live person. ( I Always get a answering machine). then I started leaving messages asking for them to send via email or fax my policy again with no results then I asked for a return call with no results.

Does anyone have a way to get a real live person and has anyone had contact directly with them in the last 2 months? This gets me very worried and after 6years I almost certainly will not being renewing with them due to this.

Thanks

Sad to hear. If they won't talk to you now, what about when you NEED them.
Conversely I had the opposite experience with Wisconsin Mutual. My camera and housing were covered as a rider on my home-owners policy. Flooded the camera in Wakatobi (D200, Ikelite housing and 60 mm macro) . They had the check in my hands 4 days after my return for the camera, lens and housing. My agent handled the intial paperwork (2 or 3 emails) and then a discussion with the claims adjuster. Then my agent (Meyer Insurance in Sauk City WI) followed up afterwards to make sure I was satisfied . This is service!

To my knowledge they are still out there. I cancelled my policy about 4 or 6 months ago. I sent a number of emails and googled who underwrote them and sent them a letter. Got responses. Try the internet god, google.

I sure hope so. I filed a claim with them a few weeks ago. I've had a few email exchanges with them and I'm sure the check is in the mail!:D

I will be dumping them if this continues. Its no way to run a business.
Does anyone know of a way to contact them? I think I remember they ran another business out of the same office, anyone know what that is?

Mr. Dough,

My name is Sandy Hall and I run the DEPP program. I am not showing a message from you in the last six month (that I can find). What number are you using? We at one time had several numbers both 800 and regular. The one constant 800 number and the only one we have now is 888-678-4096. I also find that my customers sometimes get our KY number the DEPP program is handled from CA. The CA local number is 888-678-4096. You may also contact me via email at sandy@awryinc.com

I hope this helps in someway to assure you we are still here.

Sandy

the problem with depp is that you have to send in the item within 5 days. I might still be traveling and not back home within 5 days, much less unpacked and ready to deal with a flooded camera.

Hello, while the 5 day rule is correct, You must send in within 5 days of your return from your trip. We understand you are not always able to send in within 5 days of the actual flood.

Sandy Hall

I have had good luck with DEPP... which reminds me, I need to renew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom