Department article

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are catching up wage wise to everyone else in the area so if you're looking for a lifestyle change now might be a time to think about it. We need to hire a bunch in the future so the earlier you apply the better ones chances.

After a year on the force you can apply for the dive team. :D That's not saying one will make it then but you can apply. We be a bit fussy so you need to prove yourself first. :wink: Toys, we have toys and keep getting new toys. Our new boat will do better than 70 with the team on board. :eyebrow:

http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2007/08/14/news/news02.txt

Gary D.

Great Gary!!!! Does that mean you now get and extra $.28 for belonging to the dive team?????

Well deserved!

Dan

Nope, we get a Wopping $.50 an hour, So there. :D

Gary D.

Gary M:
Gary D,
you get $.50?

Thats more then I get!

The fire guy.
That's because you spend toooo much time pulling hose. :D Get your butt hired and you'll get it as well. :shakehead:

Gary D.

Congrats Gary. Our Department is waiting for the Board of Supervisors to do something here as well. We were once THE agency in the area to go to work for. Now, we're a training ground for municipal agencies who average anywhere from 500 to 1500 buck more a month more than what we make. I don't even get to know the new guys anymore, cuz after their year.... gone.

Gary,
that’s not going to happen. I was able to work out starting over a new pension. So I will have two pensions keep my years of service/rank and have two retirements. I have 27 ½ years of service and it caps at 30 (Pension), that is why I was looking around to start a new job with a new pension so I could have two when I decide to retire. I could not pass this deal up! Besides, I did not want to take a cut in pay to work of the county, but I was still looking at it.

Gary M “the fire guy”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom