Dental crowns and implants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itrvlr

Registered
Reaction score
I have a tooth implant, and several crowns in my mouth. Does it prevent me from scuba diving ?

short answer is no. However, if there is a small air pocket in either, it can be quite painful as you go deeper, but easily relieved by going back up.

Easiest way to find out is to swim to the bottom of a deep swimming pool on a breath hold and to see if there is any discomfort in your teeth.

No problems with my one crown.

I am the poster child for crowns and implants. (I was in a serious car accident and sustained a terribly broken jaw and lots of tooth damage) Having been diving for the past 12 years with two implants and numerous crowns, I can assure you it is quite possible :D

I have several crowns, no implants though. No problems diving, I HATE DENTISTS.:wink:

Yes, if they are clinically acceptable, permanent crowns. Temporaries would be contraindicated for diving. Implants are also good to go. There shouldn't be air spaces in any type of dental restoration, that would be a fail, and should be fixed. Safe diving

Yes, if they are clinically acceptable, permanent crowns. Temporaries would be contraindicated for diving. Implants are also good to go. There shouldn't be air spaces in any type of dental restoration, that would be a fail, and should be fixed. Safe diving

I agree, there shouldn't be any air spaces. I can't remember where I read it, but it was today:

"Somewhere in the world is the world's worst dentist, and tomorrow someone has an appointment with them"

I have two implants and several crowns. No problems.
I did however delay the start of a third implant for a few months to fit it into my dive holiday schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom