Dense commenter on Youtube, Scuba dangerous

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnsIsland

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been commenting on this thread

YouTube - USCG Medical Emergency: The Bends

Guy says...

"Diving is not a safe sport. By definition, any sport where small errors can lead to one's death, can not be considered safe. Of all sports, diving has the least margin for error. And since it is only human to err, that makes diving the most dangerous of all sports."

I post agreeing diving is not safe, and try to ask him what is safe? I say making a small error while driving can result in death, and try to figure this guy out. He doesn't want to answer any of my questions, just continues on with diving is dangerous. he started talking about pressure doubling from 30 to 60 feet, and I commented on that error.

I mention that properly trained divers, acting in a reasonable manner will probably complete a dive safely.

I wonder if he isn't a diver who was injured, and have asked him if he was. He won't answer, this question or any others.

I am growing tired of arguing with this guy, anybody else want to have some fun with the poster? Join in the fun, please!

Jeff

The guy has a point, he just doesn't realize that what he doesn't know can't hurt him.:D

I have a sign at work that states " Don't wrestle with pigs, you both get dirty and the pig likes it"

IMHO, the correct response to his post would be "Well, random anonymous Internet guy, you may be right. You should not dive."

Great chamber footage! We need to link that from our website. Amazing what some scary music can do to make a minor DCS hit sound life-threatening. Even Dr. Moon sounded ominous, and he's about the least ominous guy I know.

I wonder if he is aware that scuba divers are not the only ones that are killed by Di-Hydrogen Monoxide (DHMO)? Accidental inhalation of concentrated quantities will kill you, prolonged exposure to its solid form can cause severe tissue damage. Maybe he has a point. Maybe we need more stringent regulation on any activities that could lead to death by DHMO. Check the facts, scary stuff!
Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

I wonder if he is aware that scuba divers are not the only ones that are killed by Di-Hydrogen Monoxide (DHMO)? Accidental inhalation of concentrated quantities will kill you, prolonged exposure to its solid form can cause severe tissue damage. Maybe he has a point. Maybe we need more stringent regulation on any activities that could lead to death by DHMO. Check the facts, scary stuff!

?? What ???

Did they mention DHMO in the video - I missed it.

Di - Two
Hydrogen - speaks for itself
Mon(o) - One
Oxide - Oxygen

H2O

And so easy to become addicted! Why, one could die without it!

Back
Top Bottom