Denise's very own NONSENSE THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awww, my hollis XL fins are completely backordered and out of stock. :(

I need fins in order to swim.

What do they charge? In over 30 years of diving, I have never tanken tanks to a dive shop for hydro

very few shops actually do the hydro test "in shop"

most of them farm it out to another hydro facility.

my local shop charges $25 for a hydro, then takes it to the local hydro facility that charges $12 (before volume discounts that some shops get).

I just take mine by the hydro facility and pick them up the next day.

What do they charge? In over 30 years of diving, I have never tanken tanks to a dive shop for hydro

Here, let me help you help yourself...

Scubatech in Destin
850 837-2822

Divers Emporium in Crestview
(850) 689-3483

Dive Locker in Panama City
888-612-7968

I ahve been a VIP instructor ,.. lilke ,.. forever.

The only shop that I kn ew of that actually had a hydro tank was Jim Holiis in Orland before he sold it in the late 90's.

Normally the fire safety places that do conpressed gas cylinders, llife rafts etc pick them up on their route.

Other then FLorida and ALabama, I used to get the dyros done for $12 . The local test facilities have been charing me $25 in the past.

Shops often have contracts with hydro facilites, some have an agreement that the facility won't under charge them.

WHere is the facility that charges $12. Often when I call for a price, they ask how many I have to do. Having a VIP instructors cert and 8 tanks, I may be able to get the discount.

thanks

Kris

Thanks for the links
Have not been in Divers Emporium in years, since they were interested in my teaching, VIP.

I appreciate the info. If I were to drop them off at a shop, I would drop them at,....I can't even write the V ,.. WOrd/

Anyway, a couple four times a sweek I drive right past the hydro facility on 79 going into Panama CIty beach. It's where I would take them as I would in the past. I have also taken them to Dothan when I used to go there every week.

I was just trying to find a reasonable priced hydro facility.

Thanks

Kris

I ahve been a VIP instructor ,.. lilke ,.. forever.

The only shop that I kn ew of that actually had a hydro tank was Jim Holiis in Orland before he sold it in the late 90's.

Normally the fire safety places that do conpressed gas cylinders, llife rafts etc pick them up on their route.

Other then FLorida and ALabama, I used to get the dyros done for $12 . The local test facilities have been charing me $25 in the past.

Shops often have contracts with hydro facilites, some have an agreement that the facility won't under charge them.

WHere is the facility that charges $12. Often when I call for a price, they ask how many I have to do. Having a VIP instructors cert and 8 tanks, I may be able to get the discount.

thanks

Kris

:rofl3: you started drinking early this morning didn't you! :D

anyway, the shop that charges $12 is 300 miles away from you. It'd cost you $50 in gas (or more) to save $13 bucks.

Thanks for the links
Have not been in Divers Emporium in years, since they were interested in my teaching, VIP.

I appreciate the info. If I were to drop them off at a shop, I would drop them at,....I can't even write the V ,.. WOrd/

Anyway, a couple four times a sweek I drive right past the hydro facility on 79 going into Panama CIty beach. It's where I would take them as I would in the past. I have also taken them to Dothan when I used to go there every week.

I was just trying to find a reasonable priced hydro facility.

Thanks

That place is Brown fire equip. They are reasonable if you have a lot of time but im not a VIP instructor I only have 12 tanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom