Denise's very own NONSENSE THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall:
You can knock smokers all you want in this forum. God, I mean they stand en masse outside the buildings and concentrate the carcinogens and then throw their butts in the gutter. Extremely disgusting. And the ones on the dive boat are the worst! Diesel exhaust not enough for you, light up a cancer-stick!

Long live the rebellion!

yeah, she's an established mod, don't try fighting that fight.

while I'm here, let me share some images from Morrison I shot yesterday...

IMGP0109.jpg

IMGP0110.jpg

IMGP0111.jpg

photohikedive:
or an Egg? Hmmmmm.....

You can't cook an egg in a smoker...some things just don't mix....like a smokin egg :D

photohikedive:
As Kris warned, note the lack of any structures...

I still see the port o potties..and what are the new plans? What is going to be put there?

Porta potties ar enot for public use,... they are required under the building permits. They will normally accomidate 20 workers for a normal work week,.. and not be serviced otherwise. IS the cop guarding them?

I will email Brad Alford and see if he can give me any info,.... I have not heard from him in a year. He is in charge of Walton Counties Parks. He is very busy and may take a week to get back to me.

The last time he wrote me he said it was all up in the states attorney office,.. al lot of legal stuff to work out putting divers, boats and swimmers in one ara, plus new handi cap crap,.. stuff.

The origianl initial ideas were to provide parking in the upper area, paved, new restrooms and shoers, handicapped as required by law for parks,.. that's why Troy was closed for decades afer passing the laws requiring public restrooms and they could not afford to put them in. Board walk and dock area to prevent damge, boat ramp.

SeaYoda and I were at the initial public meeting for this in October 2005. I guess this is government-at-work that it took this long to get it started.

They were more concerned with getting a seperate boat ramp installed and the boardwalk than other things. The boardwalk seemed kinda odd though as we pointed out that most divers wouldn't use it to get to the water.

The seperate boat ramp was clearly for the benefit of the fishermen at the meeting as no divers were apparently invited. (SeaYoda and I just happened to be there diving that day when we saw the meeting they were having and we were the only divers there). While the seperate boat ramp will increase diver and swimmer safety, it is really because the swimmers and divers vehicles tend to block access to the water in the main beach area and they can't get their boats in.

I asked them if they could build come gear tables and described the ones they have at Bluewater, but they seemed like the boardwalk was more important. (when lumber for a few gear tables would be fairly cheap compared to the boardwalk).

I didn't leave there with the best feeling that any of our comments had any influence, but I think that SeaYoda followed up on other meetings and came out of those with a more optomistic feeling than I did.

In the long run, we'll just have to wait to see what happens....

Thanks for the info guys. Morrisons is such a beautiful dive spot. It would truly be nonsense(quite literally) not to get to dive there anymore.

I wonder what all this improvement will cost(admission fee?). Morrison seemed adequately suited for the majority of it users. It is a shame that they just didnt put the launch further down the run . I think in this case less was definately more. oh well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom