Denise's very own NONSENSE THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yeah I was 3/4 a sleep when I wrote that post.

Well I was wondering. I've heard of moon pies but not banana pies. But I guess since it is a Monkey we are talking about the banana pies seems more appropriate.:D

I could get into the fact that the textile and clothing industries are shifting to the third world and many women who have sewn for a living their entire lives are being laid off because of the shift to cheap labor causing further economic distress to our country but, then again.....this is the nonsense thread.

I could get into the fact that the textile and clothing industries are shifting to the third world and many women who have sewn for a living their entire lives are being laid off because of the shift to cheap labor causing further economic distress to our country but, then again.....this is the nonsense thread.

most of that happened many years ago...

Denise I didnt know you were so up on world events. Been reading the magazines at the spa again?

Alzheimer's

Older memories seem recent, more recent memories are harder to recall.

Poor Denise, but at her age, this isn't surprising.

most of that happened many years ago...

It is still affecting the economy where I live. The plant here left the cutting plant, sales and administration here. The quality of the product has suffered and therefore the business as a whole has suffered and is causing more layoffs.

Denise I didnt know you were so up on world events. Been reading the magazines at the spa again?

Hey!!! It affected my favorite clothing store!!! This particular company use to be the supplier for Victoria's Secret. They lost their contract because of poor quality after the shift to third world country labor!

It is still affecting the economy where I live. The plant here left the cutting plant, sales and administration here. The quality of the product has suffered and therefore the business as a whole has suffered and is causing more layoffs.

there's a trickle down to that.

the company loses money and can't pay it's workers
workers can't go and buy a new car
car dealer can't make it's United Way contribution due to lack of sales
charity programs go underfunded because the United Way is down.
etc....

Hey!!! It affected my favorite clothing store!!! This particular company use to be the supplier for Victoria's Secret. They lost their contract because of poor quality after the shift to third world country labor!

Well note you said it wasn't just cost, but quality. sounds like they partially screwed themselves there.

Well note you said it wasn't just cost, but quality. sounds like they partially screwed themselves there.

It is true!! The quality suffered. Their "cheap" labor could not produce the quality of product that the workers here were doing. Garments were being sent back to America to be repaired. The whole process was disastrous and the cost became too prohibitive to constantly repair the damaged garments and try to get them up to the standards of a retail outlet such as VS. Therefore, what once was sold to high end stores now goes to the cheaper retail chains.

Alzheimer's

Older memories seem recent, more recent memories are harder to recall.

Poor Denise, but at her age, this isn't surprising.

Ok, back to the Nonsense...you wish you knew as much as I have forgotten..:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom