Demo for Neoprene Zip Glove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hani12

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was any dealer local to Bsoton MA that may have a pair of these to try on (at least on land).

I am very interesed but cautious of the loss of dexterity. I amd planning to start diving again this spring, well before your Dog Days rally here in MA.

Is there any way to my hands on, or in a pair of these before I purchase them?

I own a pair of the compressed neoprene gloves you speak about and they are a size medium. I never did get the chance to try on the small, but had my LDS measure my hands and push for the mediums.

I haven't dove them and they say some dexterity comes back a depth. I can easy still control simple tasks like BC control and slate, computer etc.

MG

Mike, thanks for the input.

Hi!

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have used the zip neoprene gloves and find them to be wonderful! I used them in water that was about 40 degrees and was able to use them without the liner. It was awesome! I found the dexterity to be no harder than a 5mm wet glove and way better than that without the liner...on the surface it takes a little bit of a learning curve...but it is a very quick learning curve!

As far as dealers...I could help you find a dealer in your area, but you would have to contact them to see if they will let you try a pair. We certainly have them at the demo events, but I understand you would like to get them before that. We will also be at the Boston Sea Rovers Scuba Show the first weekend of March. You would be able to check out the gloves there!

Thanks,

Jessica
DUI

I haven't dove them and they say some dexterity comes back a depth. I can easy still control simple tasks like BC control and slate, computer etc.

MG

I'm confused. How on Earth do you have any idea about these things?

I'm a huge DUI fan Mike - and have no doubt they are probably fine gloves gloves. However, even though you've never actually dove with these gloves, in the past few weeks you've told people how warm they are, how comfortable they are, how well they fit, and now how easy it is to control your BCD, computer, and write on a slate. I guess that valuable information if people want to buy a pair so they can come to your house and wear dry gloves in your living room while posting on ScubaBoard. You really do other people looking for input a disservice by providing what is actually an "uninformed" opinion.

I look forward to someday hearing what you think about them after actually wearing them on a dive or two!

:D

Last edited:
RJP,

Haven't you learned that I'm really a poser? LOL.... Dude thanks for the vote in confidence... I'm just really pissed that I haven't dove my suit to this day because I haven't finished reading the Nitrox book...

I paid for Nitrox and Drysuit and my instructor wants both books completed before I do my dives... And since all my friends are diving I continue to dive wet in the meantime...

Any free time I do have I jump into the suit and pose, LOL and now you have exposed me,,, I'm going back to the planet Degobah and hide with Yoda until it is safe to come out... LOL...

MG

These gloves are spectacular I finally dove my CLX 450 with the compressed neo gloves. I did two dives with the second one reaching 101 feet at Ball Buster in Monterey.

I am really pleased on how warm my hands stayed on both dives; I felt as if my hands were on land. I am being very honest when I say these gloves with the supplied liners are super to conteract the cold.

I should now how miserable your hands can get because I have dove the Pinnacles 4mm Kevlar glove with Merino and within 20 minutes of my dives my hands are freezing and I want to abort the dive.

Quick question I have for DUI is this: Can we upgrade; send in our Compressed Neoprene glove to have Kevlar added to the fingers and palm? I'm really interested in this because I was one of the last to purchase your glove in Nov 08 before you launched the same glove with kevlar already attached.

I value the kevlar because most of Monterey is not sandy but has many rocks and sharp edges.

Please let me know...

Thanks,,,

Mike

Here is a pic of me taken down at Ballbuster, 101 feet... My hands literally felt like they were on land with a pair of mittens... I wear two sets of liners, the one that come with the neoprene gloves and a pair of underarmour cold wear gloves....

se5egx.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom