DEMA Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RadRob

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know why a lot of manufacturers chose not to go to Houston for DEMA? My guess is that they will drop it off the list since no one wanted to go there. Just curious.

High price the previous year(Miami Beach) was what I heard. Houston hosted the show once before and it was well attended. I talked to manufacturers sales reps and they were saying it cost the big guys several hundred thousand dollars for floor space. I did notice the few that were at Houston had much smaller booths.
I did not attend the last DEMA in Vegas due to Hurricane Rita re-arrranging my house.
Bill

rigdiver:
High price the previous year(Miami Beach) was what I heard. Houston hosted the show once before and it was well attended. I talked to manufacturers sales reps and they were saying it cost the big guys several hundred thousand dollars for floor space. I did notice the few that were at Houston had much smaller booths.
I did not attend the last DEMA in Vegas due to Hurricane Rita re-arrranging my house.
Bill

There are any number of different factors, but I gotta tell'ya, at $700,000 that would mean 42,000 square feet of exhibit space. ($16.75 a sq ft) A 10x20 would be $3350.

RoatanMan:
There are any number of different factors, but I gotta tell'ya, at $700,000 that would mean 42,000 square feet of exhibit space. ($16.75 a sq ft) A 10x20 would be $3350.
Mares and Aqua Lung reps told me 3-400,000 dollars to do DEMA. That is several hundred thousand. Cost of shipping gear and booth, lodging, food for reps. Yea, it all adds up. Bill Keefe from Bimini told me it cost him $1,800/day for the smallest booth and that was in Orlando back in the late 90's.
Bill

DEMA Shows need high dealer attendance.

Houston was not a good draw two years ago, or the first time about 12 years ago.
Vegas was much better last year. I liked Miami and always enjoyed New Orleans, but that's not happening for a long while. They're not taking chances anymore.
Chad

DEMA Show 2006
November 8-11
Orlando, FL

DEMA Show 2007
October 31-November 3
Orlando, FL

DEMA Show 2008
October 22-25
Las Vegas, NV

DEMA Show 2009
November 4-7