Delta P VR3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
Anyway getting back to the discussion here, I think a VR3 is a solid investment.
Everyone I know who's into technical diving or is into rebreathers recommends and stands by them :).

Anything that depreciates is not an investment and that probably applies to all dive equipment, except maybe a Mark V helmet.

The folks at Bikini aren't so impressed with the VR3. And they do 10-12 deco dives per week.

I've had my VR3 for about 6 months and love it. As others have said it took a few days of playing around with it to get all the functions down but after that it's easy. I love the ability to access all of the screens and change the set up during the dive. I used the computer on a recreational dive once and forgot to turn off the 50% deco gas so the computer was asking me if I wanted to switch gases for about 15 minutes before I remembered I could just turn it off during the dive and be done with it. :jpshakehe I don't have the VPM software on mine but I have used it on a few deco dives along with VPlanner and the two aren't very compatable with the profiles. The VR3 gives you deeper first stops and way longer shallow stops then VPlanner. We'll see how the two play together this week on one of my deepest dives yet with the VR3.

Padipro:
I've had my VR3 for about 6 months and love it. As others have said it took a few days of playing around with it to get all the functions down but after that it's easy. I love the ability to access all of the screens and change the set up during the dive. I used the computer on a recreational dive once and forgot to turn off the 50% deco gas so the computer was asking me if I wanted to switch gases for about 15 minutes before I remembered I could just turn it off during the dive and be done with it. :jpshakehe I don't have the VPM software on mine but I have used it on a few deco dives along with VPlanner and the two aren't very compatable with the profiles. The VR3 gives you deeper first stops and way longer shallow stops then VPlanner. We'll see how the two play together this week on one of my deepest dives yet with the VR3.

I have actually used that feature when I had a deco bottle reg issue and had to go a back-gas bail-out. I turned off the EAN50 mix as it was no longer applicable to shut up the computer telling me that I should be on EAN50. It is nice to be able to do that instead of watching my VyTec just blink at me the whole time :) .

This isn't real important to me, but it does make for some "smile features". To say that an OC technical diver should have a computer like this is a misnomer. Many great divers dive only a bottom timer and don't want anything more complex. I won't argue with that philosophy. It works for them :) .

I will say that when I switch to CCR in a couple of years, it will be nice to have a computer that can switch from OC to CCR mode and back again. I am fortunate that while I am not wealthy, I do get a bonus from my job every year that covered the cost of this piece of equipment.

purcellj:
Anything that depreciates is not an investment and that probably applies to all dive equipment, except maybe a Mark V helmet.

The folks at Bikini aren't so impressed with the VR3. And they do 10-12 deco dives per week.

I just read the Bikini web site and actually the VR3 is on their recommended list, with a caveat about there have been some cases recently of a diver with a vr3 possibly getting some mild DCS, though they are not sure what the actual cause, if it is from the comp itself, or from the users not understanding fully the customization of the VR3 and this leading to some problems.

Which specific CCR modal you used?
Do you use I/O connector to VR3 C4 canister mounted cell holder, linking cable and external oxygen cell?
I used Inspiration CCR and consider buy I/O cable for myself :D
diverbrian:
I will say that when I switch to CCR in a couple of years, it will be nice to have a computer that can switch from OC to CCR mode and back again. I am fortunate that while I am not wealthy, I do get a bonus from my job every year that covered the cost of this piece of equipment.

I personally agreed VR3 is useful friendly stuff.
Air switching, deep stop is easy to monitor...:D
Padipro:

Blacthorn:
I just read the Bikini web site and actually the VR3 is on their recommended list, ...

Not for long.

VR3 divers are also expected to do an additional 10 minutes after it clears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom