Delta Airlines left me stranded in Cozumel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Aside from having luggage theft issues apperently they Delta has 'policies and Procedures' that allow them to overbook flights and screw you out of your seats if you buy tickets that are 'Block' or 'Contract' tickets sold through travel agents. I currently am in Cozumel on vacation and learned that I have no return flight. I am unaware of the terms and conditions of the block ticket I came here on, My travel agent (To be named later) Claims to also be un-aware and is working the issue. Has anyone else run into this ? I will continue this post as information becomes available.

All airlines overbook flights................

There is typically a 6-8% (if I recall correctly from my B-school case study) no show rate for flights so............they oversell to make sure the flight is 100% full at take off.....

A seat on a plane only value until the flight backs away from the gate............

The was the brainchild of American Airlines back the early 80's when they started using computers to track flight capacity and trying to use the data to maximize revenue.............same reason seat pricing changes so much, they have algorithms to change seat pricing to try fill all the seats................

I have lost count of the times I have seen the "flight overbooked offering $400......." sign at a gate..................

The airline must honor the ticket and will get you home on a flight; typically, if you have been involuntarily bumped you will be first in line on the next available flight.........

Now if they bump the discount tickets that is the first I have heard...............

Sorry about your situation............M

Did Delta offer you any compensation for the non flight ?
I have been bumped from many Delta flights over the past 10 years. Every time they have offered me another flight, between $200 and $400 per flight and hotel room if I needed to stay over night.

Sorry you have gotten the short end of the stick,
Jim Breslin

If they didn't offer compensation......ask........nice at first........then demand..........

M

Anyone else find this odd?

it's the users first post here. They signed up just today. just to post this?

I mean if someone gets bumped off a flight, how many people are going to take the next step of creating a Scubaboard account and posting their flight experience as their first post on the board?

maybe this is a normal member and they didn't have their account password accessible to log into their normal account..... but something just seems a little out of place here.

:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom