Delray Beach snorkeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carol_swimmom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
Flying in to Ft. Lauderdale to visit friends at Delray Beach.
We are going to spend 1 day at a beach with kids, they usually go to Delray Beach, but we can drive a bit. (not as far as the keys...)

All others (except me) think snorkeling/diving is 'ICKY', so I can't really book a dive or snorkel trip and am only bringing mask/snorkel and maybe fins if they fit in my carryon.

Is there a beach in this area where I can snorkel a bit while the others sunbathe/splash?

thanks...

Probably the most popular site is Lauderdale By The Sea. Park one block south of Commercial Blvd. All sites, you will need a dive flag. You can rent one from the local dive shops.
Another site is to go north a half hour to Phil Foster Park at Blue Heron Bridge. The snorkel trail is very shallow and close to shore.

red reef park is nice with very nice beach & picnic areas -- but parking is going to at least $10.

otherwise lauderdale by the sea would be better --- they can relax on the beach or check out the shops while you dive or snorkel the area - gold coast is within walking distance on commercial and might be able to find someone for you to shore dive with at the time.

the shops include restaurants, beach shops, and kilwin's chocolate :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom