Deleted & Informed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does a user get informed when one or more of their posts het deleted?

:hmmm: I thought this would be an easy answer.

A: They are SUPPOSED to

Reality: They often don't

Follow up answer

It depends on the Mod. DiverSteve for example has been great (in my experience) of letting a user know if he has to delete his/her post.

Other mods/SB staff (who shall remain nameless...) not so much.

So I guess I should keep a copy of posts and if one gets deleted just post it continuously every time it gets deleted until I am actually notified. Sounds like fun. I am fairly certain at least one of my posts has been deleted (and it was one of the nicest posts I had written in a while) without notification.

So I guess I should keep a copy of posts and if one gets deleted just post it continuously every time it gets deleted until I am actually notified. Sounds like fun. I am fairly certain at least one of my posts has been deleted (and it was one of the nicest posts I had written in a while) without notification.

Some posts are just collateral damage. If you quote or reference a post that get deleted, some mods just nuke a whole mess of posts. Since it is a volunteer job...why bother notifying everyone. (Too much like work)

I suppose so. C'est la vie

Does a user get informed when one or more of their posts het deleted?
Normally, they get notified.

Sometimes there are so many deletions in a thread that sending individual PMs is abandoned in favour of posting a general notification in the thread.

Trolls are usually not granted the courtesy of a PM.

Occasionally, it is simply forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom