Deerfield Beach March 9-14th...Water Temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usnadiver03

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am on my way to Dixie Divers in Deerfield beach for my AOW+Nitrox training and I was wondering what the water temperature is right now. Last time I was there it was November and my 3mm shortie worked just fine...I also have a 1mm full suit...not sure what to expect.

usnadiver03:
Hey guys, I am on my way to Dixie Divers in Deerfield beach for my AOW+Nitrox training and I was wondering what the water temperature is right now. Last time I was there it was November and my 3mm shortie worked just fine...I also have a 1mm full suit...not sure what to expect.
I just dove there this morning and I forgot to look at the temp! I'm guestimating 72 degrees. Good conditions, tho the wind switch and picked up this morning. Maybe we're on the edge of a front???

Your average diver down here considers low 70's to still be a little
chilly. If your gonna go 3 ml at least make it a full, if your going
shortie at least make it a 5 ml. Also a hood or a cap can make quite a
difference. I have a henderson gold core 3 ml cap and it can really
make a difference in that temperature range. Your 3 ml shortie without
a cap at 72F water temp could be a chilly day.

I consider 72 degrees - downright cold. I used to wear a 7 in the winter, but this year got a Dry Suit. I would recommend at least a 5mm - 7mm if you plan on being in the water for more than 30 minutes.

So far we've had about 6 friends come and visit us this winter to dive... I told them all this same information, and they thanked me after the first dive.

usnadiver03:
Thanks MB----what did you wear? 5mm?

Thanks...
72 degrees confirmed. While I was cleaning gear last night I checked the timer - it logs temps.

We did a 68 minute dive. We were cold when we entered, but once we got active we were ok. I wore a full 3 mm, with a full 3mm hood. Buddy wore 3mm pants with a new 5 mm top. The key to this one is a hood with full neck, ears, and head coverage.

Yeah, 72 is chilly for local folks. But summer isn't too far away and we can shed the neoprene!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom