deepest dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opiniongirl:
Fascinating! Ever see anything weird?

Nothing weird for me but i did see some snowy grouper on the Kendrick the other day
and from what i understand they only like the deeper water.

Mike.

Snowy grouper...hmmm..

I've always wanted to see one of those fish with the big 'ol lures dangling out...or the massive protruding fangs..I remember reading about some guy who saw this fish (forget what it was called) but they are always in a vertical position, usually much deeper - I guess he was on a deco stop and saw it hovering there. they'd only caught one before..

Don Burke:
1250 fsw using a closed circuit nuclear submarine.

:blink:

:11:

opiniongirl:
Snowy grouper...hmmm..

I've always wanted to see one of those fish with the big 'ol lures dangling out...or the massive protruding fangs..I remember reading about some guy who saw this fish (forget what it was called) but they are always in a vertical position, usually much deeper - I guess he was on a deco stop and saw it hovering there. they'd only caught one before..

I think you are talking about an oarfish. I believe that was an extremely rare sighting and the normal depth for that fish is even out of your range :wink:

opiniongirl:
Snowy grouper...hmmm..

Sounds kinda like the Deep Sea Anglerfish with the lure and fangs. Its range i believe is in excess of 700 meters. Hard to imagine a deco stop at 700 meters! :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom