Question Deep6 Eddy fins in yellow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattvish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone ever spotted yellow Eddy fins, or is Deep6 ignoring one of the best diver colors? I had the chance to try the Eddys and they've won me over (for wetsuit). But, even love for flippers has its limits - I'm not changing my colors for them. Got to draw the line somewhere

Deep Six fins are not available in yellow. That would be a nice addition. However, as the owner of both Eddy Flippers and ScubaPro Go-Sports fins, get the yellow Go-Sports and be happy. Just saying.

Deep Six fins are not available in yellow. That would be a nice addition. However, as the owner of both Eddy Flippers and ScubaPro Go-Sports fins, get the yellow Go-Sports and be happy. Just saying.

I cannot find any connection with this post. :)

I spent a week in Utila a few years ago. One of my friends on the trip had the Go Sports and I had my Eddy fins.

We traded for a dive. The Go Sports were totally fine, when all I was doing was gently finning along.

As soon as I tried to actually MOVE, the Go Sports felt like I had limp noodles on my feet.

I gave them 20 or 30 minutes and then got my friend's attention and we swapped fins under water.

I am not sure why anyone who has Eddy fins would find a use for the Go Sport fins. In my mind, the Eddy fins have no downside compared to the Go Sport fins, and a lot of upside.

And thank goodness they are available in black! :D

I cannot find any connection with this post. :)

I spent a week in Utila a few years ago. One of my friends on the trip had the Go Sports and I had my Eddy fins.

We traded for a dive. The Go Sports were totally fine, when all I was doing was gently finning along.

As soon as I tried to actually MOVE, the Go Sports felt like I had limp noodles on my feet.

I gave them 20 or 30 minutes and then got my friend's attention and we swapped fins under water.

I am not sure why anyone who has Eddy fins would find a use for the Go Sport fins. In my mind, the Eddy fins have no downside compared to the Go Sport fins, and a lot of upside.

And thank goodness they are available in black! :D

We can disagree. It is okay :). I too have both. I also now have the Gorrilla version also. The Eddy Fins are great if frog kicking is the only kick. But that is not the case with me nor with most divers even when they claim otherwise.

Edit to add and to be fair to the Eddy, it a great fin.

We can disagree. It is okay :). I too have both. I also now have the Gorrilla version also. The Eddy Fins are great if frog kicking is the only kick. But that is not the case with me nor with most divers even when they claim otherwise.

Edit to add and to be fair to the Eddy, it a great fin.
I have eddys and my son has go. We both prefer my eddys, and now that he has grown out of his Go he is getting eddys.

And yes I want yellow!

Another vote for yellow

And I wish they would lose the hole in the blade.

I find myself frog kicking 100% of the time, mostly because I'm always cruising along in a leisurely pace, but even when on the rare occasions I need a quicker pace, I kept up with the frog kick. For this reason I bought the Eddys since it was said that they really suit the frog kick and I suspected the fins I was using at the time was not as good for that kick as it was for the flutter which it was really good at. That being said, the only two dives I did with them it was very surgey, so it was difficult to judge if they were any better. They felt different for sure and not bad, but just couldn't tell how much better, if any.
Funnily, the dive operator that was leading the dive, decided to show me a landmark feature I had missed on my first visit to the site and he took off, all 6'5" of him at full speed. Had no choice but to flutter to keep up, thus breaking my very long streak of no flutter. LOL I did manage to keep up though and I was worried my legs might not have been able to manage the stiffness of the blade, but it wasn't too bad on that try.

I got the powdered blue and love them.

I finally went with the OMS Slipstream... while they may not give me that 'Eddy's magic,' they're doing their duty. Feeling froggy in yellow :)

Back
Top Bottom