Fin recommendations for an assistant instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try to find a pair of Force Fin Pros on ebay.

Anyone got experience with the Hollis F1 LT? I'd love to know how they compare to the regular F1s and the rest of jet style fins I've listed.

SP twin jets. More propulsion power in moving a load; whether doubles or a diver who is double trouble. Dont skip the deco stops.

My SP Go Sport are great. I forget I have them on. Very comfy.
In comparison my Quattro's feel like boards strapped to my feet

Hi! I'm an assistant instructor so many of my dives will be guiding an intro dive, meaning sometimes I have to carry a big guy with me so I need good propulsion.
I dive mostly in the Red Sea with a 3/5 mm wetsuit and usually I'm feet heavy so I'm looking for close to neutral buoyancy. Also I mostly frog-kick
Fins I've tried:
Apeks RK3 (non HD) - felt too soft
Scubapro Jetfins - felt too heavy
Hollis F1 - pretty good for me.
I've heard good stuff about the Deep6 Eddy (but can't try them and shipping cost is high) and OMS Slipstream so they are also on my list.
I've recently discovered another option - Tecline JetStream and LightJet.
Jetstream looks like the OMS Slipstream and the LightJet looks a lot like Deep6 Eddy. Has anyone had any experience with these fins and can chime in?

Any other models I should keep an eye for?

tl;dr
I'm looking for fins that aren't too heavy with good propulsion (enough to carry big guy during an intro dive).
Open to recommendations.

Talk with the LDS that you affiliate with, they are likely going to want to see you in gear they actually sell and stock. Likely the shop will have plenty of fins laying about that you can grab until you find the ones that you like

Talk with the LDS that you affiliate with, they are likely going to want to see you in gear they actually sell and stock. Likely the shop will have plenty of fins laying about that you can grab until you find the ones that you like

They're actually not that picky regarding our gear. In any case they mostly stock mares fins which aside from the quattros aren't really what I'm looking for. I will do my best to try other fins from other dive shops.

Back
Top Bottom