Deep Sea Fishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have friends that are going down to Cozumel in August and they want to do some deep sea fishing on their non-dive day. Can anyone recommend a good outfit for this? Is it even available on the island?

Hernan who owns Sherwood Scuba on 15 between 5 and 7, east side of the street, does fishing charters, scuba charters, and fish/dive combo charters. I dive with him about once a month and have always been very satisfied, he's a good guy.

:DUse Hernan his e-mail is hernanbacelis@hotmail.com his cell# 0449878761001 the shops # is 011-52-987-872-4205 The boat (Billfisher) owned by my uncle is a 32 foot Bertram twin engine Diesel. He charters big game trolling or bottom fishing. You can also snorkel or dive half day fishing half day getting wet.

I have friends that are going down to Cozumel in August and they want to do some deep sea fishing on their non-dive day. Can anyone recommend a good outfit for this? Is it even available on the island?
As you can see, there are lots of options. I have been fishing with the guys on La Graaan Cosa every time I go to Cozumel for the past 6 years, and I highly recommend them. Enrique and Lucio (captain and mate) are great guys, and they always put us on fish even when everyone else seems to be coming home empty handed. They hooked me up with my first ever blue marlin last year, and this year we caught 18 dorado (mahi mahi) and three sailfish, as well as a few barracuda and a wahoo. The boat is large and comfortable, with plenty of shade and an ample aft deck for working the fish. Both Enrique and Lucio have excellent English.

Here's their contact info:
Email: luchoechan@hotmail.com
Land line: (987) 878 81 26
Cell: (044) 98 71 07 71 77

Please tell them I referred you if you go with them.

Back
Top Bottom