Deep Sea Detectives.... why do I bother?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think about it!

These nobshines are most likely getting paid to travel and dive. I'ts good work if you can get it! The show does needs serious help!!!

I have plenty of ideas!!!

The recent shows they've done in the Bermudas have been OK, in that they actually dive for more than five minutes per show. I stopped watching for a while because they'd advertise some really cool premise for an episode (like a sunken WWII ship), but then spend 50 minutes boring you to death with a documentary about the ship, the war, the theories surrounding its sinking, etc. I love WWII documentaries, but if I'm going to watch a show about diving, I expect to actually see people dive from time to time! :icorolley

The way the co-hosts talk to each other about what they're doing instead of directly addressing the audience is irritating as well. It comes across as scripted and contrived. The show is supposed to be a documentary, so film it like one! There's no need for these pretend conversations, and they make the audience feel less involved. Just talk to the camera instead of ignoring it.

I've been a big Chatterton fan since reading Shadow Divers, but they need to get Kohler back as soon as possible. I'm sure the new co-host is a nice person and all, but she adds nothing to the show. Chatterton and Kohler have the chemistry of actual friendship between them, whereas she comes across as little more than dead weight thrown in to attract additional viewer demographics. I'm glad to hear Kohler will be back soon.

I'm not going to complain about this show in the least. John C is the man and the blonde is very easy to look at isn't she.

I not only enjoy watching the show I would love to be on the show. :)

to see how many different gear configurations they can come up with for a single dive.

The detailed recap of the adventure after every commercial break gives the show a high fluff factor...which means there's usually only a few minutes of dive footage per show.

And watching the new blonde sidekick struggling to get thru her lines is painful. Bring Richie back soon...

Even with all the faults, DSD still beats most of what's on tv.

Hey SeaJay:
So is Raven out there now for the interview?

*sigh*

She's supposed to be. In fact, I was supposed to go with her...

Actually, some other really, really important things came up this weekend. Looks like her thing with Deep Sea Detectives got postponed until next weekend.

I'll keep y'all posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom