Deep Sailboat moved at ABWA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Docc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Saturday, myself, Chris S. , Patrick B. , and Freddy A. moved the recently sunk 25' sailboat at ABWA (http://www.divealabama.com/ABWA/Welcome.html)

DSC07513.jpg

that was resting bow down on a slope on the southern wall of the quarry at around 85' to 90', to a more accessible location so that the masses can check it out.

We hooked a lift bag the size of my daughter's car to it, raised it up to within 10' of the surface and towed it underwater to a spot over the desired new location. It looked impressive "sailing" along underwater as we swam along with it. Chris and I then sank it in 60' of water.

When Chris hit the dump on the lift bag it was about 10' to 60' in under two seconds and we both held on for the ride down. Talk about an ear popper! The new location is about 50' or so directly in front of the second firetruck and camper. The boat is fairly level sitting in a small draw right at 60 ffw.

I've never known anyone who raised, moved and sunk a boat!!!!

Great post, and thanks for sharing!

I've never known anyone who raised, moved and sunk a boat!!!!

Great post, and thanks for sharing!

I can hear him quietly saying "OH Chit" through his regulator on the ride down. :wink:

Thanks Docc.

Very cool Docc!! Where was my invite? I went and checked out Morrison, should be great if we dont get a flood between now and Vortoberfest. Why did they move it? Just making it easier to find?

I can hear him quietly saying "OH Chit" through his regulator on the ride down. :wink:

:D For some reason, I didn't take Docc to be the quiet type.

Nice Docc, thanks :wink:!

Hey Docc!

We have another sailboat for you here in south Florida. It drifted under the Blue Heron Bridge and sunk there during one of our many hurricanes. Now that construction is being planned to rebuild the bridge, don't know what's going to happen to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom