Trip Report Great Week on Statia (St Eustatius)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't log them but know what the bottom depth was for each. Only one dive did I go deeper than 60 feet, and that was the Chien Tong 'modern' wreck. I did not make it as far south as Drop Off or Grand Canyon or any further north than Aquarium, due to current. Here are some of the dive briefing posters from my trip of 223 dives. I did a couple twice. 3's are meters. They're all at 45-55 feet. I wasn't in to doing Blue Bead Hole either. Obviously, like you, I go for the fish and creatures, as well as Flora. My background was in biology and botany. If I had grown up around the ocean, I'd like to think I would have been a marine biologist!
I meant '23' dives...

Any problems? WinAir SXM-EUX and EUX-SXM. Exorbitant extra bag fees, very limited carry-on allowance (Twin Otters), could not check-in on-line if you had extra bags paid for in advance, and they lost the reservations for two divers. I give WinAir 1/10.
I am traveling to Statia next week and flying with WinAir between SXM and EUX. There is conflicting information on the website and what's printed on the ticket itinerary for the hand baggage (carryon). The website says for the Twin Otter, the carryon weight limit is 6 pounds, but the ticket says 15 pounds, and you get a personal item of a purse or laptop bag. I was thinking of doing a backpack for the carryon. Did they weigh your carryon bag?

And there's different allowances for domestic or international flights. I know this is the Dutch Caribbean and is within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, but since I've never been to Statia, do you happen to know if it's a domestic or international flight between SXM and EUX?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom