deep outdoors six gill fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was impressed with these when we tested them, and one of the test team actually bought them rather than send them back!

The heel-strap looks like it will be crap, but it actually works really well. They are short, light, work with all manner of kicks, and give plenty of propulsion. Everything you want.

Mark

If anyone has used both the six gills and scubapro jetfins I'd like to know how they compare? In particular, how's the frogkick efficiency and are they good for backwards kicking? Or are they an improvement over the good old jets?

Thought of getting it too but then it's black. I'll look like a ninja (all black). Right now the only way to distinguish me is the yellow atomic splits. The six gills are light compare to the jets. I too like to hear to your views.

I own the sixgills and love 'em! Any kick style can be used with these fins. I can backwards kick in these much easier than my Jets. I've tried all kick styles with them, short swimmers, sweeping flutter, frog, all work great. Short & light, great for travel. I got the SS springstraps for mine that Deepoutdoors makes for them, very high quality. The only issue I have with these is they don't push doubles as well as I'd like. I switch back to the Jets now for tech stuff. They do work diving doubles, just not as well as Jets.

I love my 6 gills !!!! Lost one in Thailand, came back and purchase another pair right away. Anyone have a single one that I can purchase for my bro? :)

It kicks very well with any style of kicking, but you could get a better frog kick with Jet fins. It's very short, easy to pack, easy to maneuver. It's a bit expensive though, but I got a great deal on ebay. I hate their orginal strap. So I replace it with a spring strap. I tried: Atomic Split, Twin Jets, Jet Fins, Aeris Velocity, Quattro, Avanti and Tusa Splits. So far this is my favorite fin.

skubAJ:
Thought of getting it too but then it's black. I'll look like a ninja (all black). Right now the only way to distinguish me is the yellow atomic splits. The six gills are light compare to the jets. I too like to hear to your views.
Whats wrong with looking like a Scuba Ninja? You'll be easy to distinguish, you'll be the one nobody can see:D

I bought my Deep Outdoors Sixgills fins in November 2007 and took them new and dry to a Red Sea liveabord trip. Since then, I have done almost 100 dives with them and I can honestly say that they are the best $160 that I spent in my entire life. They are superb in and out of water ( you can climb open-rung boar ladders with these fins on).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom