Deep Exposure or Aldora or any other??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vvitola

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I am going to Cozumel on July for the Bonnie Pelnar Workshop on SCC. Howerver I have 3 extra days for diving... I guess for those extra days I will be staying at Cozumel Hotel and Resort but I haven´t chosen a dive op. Last year I went with Aldora and was really happy! We did the north dives on San Juan and Barracuda, and all the dives were for at least 70 minutes each?

I heard that Deep Exposure is also a great diving operation and they have available large steel tanks as well.

Does anyone suggest Deep Exposure over Aldora? Or any other that do long dives?

Watch out for the cowboy opperators! They weeell keeeel you! :wink:

But seriously, since you have dove with Aldora before, why switch? They are great, big tanks, and they get non-stop great reviews here and on TA. Why mess with something good?

Two other ops with steel tanks I know for sure are Liquid Blue and Living Underwater. I don't know about Deep Exposure.... I dive with Living Underwater and obviously like them. But if you liked your op last time, why mess with success?

Well, the President of Mexico recently went diving in Cozumel, and he chose Aldora Divers.

I'm with the others. If you liked diving with Aldora the last time why switch?

Living underwater is also a wonderful dive op. Jeremy of LU is, like Memo and Dave from Aldora, a top shelf supremely excellent guy. Where Aldora edges him in my mind is if Jeremy gets a group of inexperienced divers...he only has one boat and that means you dive the inexperienced profile. Aldora has something like 8 boats and can normally find a group of good breathers who can go deep and still hit 90 minutes.

Still, I very much enjoyed diving with Jeremy. He is absolutely my kind of diver. As yet, I have no experience with the other steel tank ops....I'd like to, but I simply can't fathom how to improve upon Aldora or Living Underwater (with a good group) so it's hard to convince myself to go elsewhere. If freedive spearing is your thing....Leo at spearfishingtoday.com is also well worth a look. Our next trip in July, I may not put a tank on my back at all. Fish tacos in the boat that 15 minutes earlier were swimming....now that's a proper lunch!

You would have a hard time going wrong with a dive op in Cozumel. Even my least favorite of the half dozen I've tried was still enjoyable. Try em all and report back to us.

I have spent many hours both above and below the water with Jeremy at Living Underwater. Marg, aka MMM is a friend and we have shared many a dive together. I like Jeremy's style of diving. Long slow dives, plently of things to see, never a rush.

Jeremy dives low pressure steel 95 and 120's which are always full or above and group size has ranged from a max of eight to just one on one. All dives are an hour plus with my longest being just under two hours. The batteries on both the camera and strobes had played out and we like a couple of prunes.

If I could not dive with Living Underwater I would and have dove with Aldora.

I can also vouch for Living Underwater. I have dove with a few other dive ops and LU is tops among the ones I have dove with! What everyone else has said is true. Jeremy is a fantastic dive master and he truly has taught me how to dive. He has a knack for pointing out even the smallest little critters. His crew is great too - they will take very good care of you. He even takes care of and stores all of your equipment when you aren't diving so you don't have to lug equipment around on your vacation.

$85/dive is a great value when you consider the extended dive times as well as the good service.

His website is: Living Underwater offers a personalized, fun and safe Cozumel diving experience!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom