Deep Diver manual or elearning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up buying the e-learning, it was quiet disappointing, they did not incorporate any of the videos like the crew pack dvd has. Even the drysuit e-learning had a bunch of older videos in it. It was pretty repetitive from the AOW diver and rescue diver content. There was one of two things I did learn from it...at this point i cant recall what they were lol!

All of my local dive shops have discontinued selling padi books and they have to special order them. I dont know if the markup for e-learning is more and thats why they are pushing it. One guy at the dive shop said the paper manual was not valid and I had to buy the elearning. When I told him my instructor said either the elearning or book knowledge review was acceptable he started to back peddle

That's too bad. With NAUI you get a PDF version of the textbook with eLearning and the eLearning includes all of the videos NAUI produces for the course. There is also a package you can buy that includes the eLearning with PDF textbook AND a paper version of the textbook. The eLearning is very good and thorough indeed. I still teach the full in class lectures adding material as appropriate.

That's too bad. With NAUI you get a PDF version of the textbook with eLearning and the eLearning includes all of the videos NAUI produces for the course. There is also a package you can buy that includes the eLearning with PDF textbook AND a paper version of the textbook. The eLearning is very good and thorough indeed. I still teach the full in class lectures adding material as appropriate.
How do NAUI prices compare? A book vs eLernin

NAUI prices are generally substantially less than all other agencies' prices. I don't know now the price of the book vs. eLearning since I haven't ordered paper books for a very long time. The cost for shipping actual paper books is huge for me in Libya. I don't remember the exact numbers, the costs for me to buy eLearning (with PDF textbook) and e-Cert card for my students is much less than other agencies' prices. I can add a plastic c-card to the package and it still much less expensive. I compared the prices with other agencies I am an instructor with and NAUI came out to be the best value by a wide margin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom