Deep Diver certification in NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty sure AOW gets you to [-]130-150'[/-] 100ft

OW = 60fsw recommended max depth
AOW = 100fsw recommended max depth
Deep = 130fsw recommended max depth
130fsw is the limit of recreational diving
130-150 is in the technical diving range

I'm rescue and have been to 164 on air but zero training. Bounce dive of course

Diving an AL80 with no redundancy?

Hopefully we won't see you over on the "Incidents and Accidents" forum.

---------- Post added October 20th, 2014 at 11:02 PM ----------

130', yes.

130', no

The eighties callled and they want their tire gas back, and the mullet. 99 dives and bouncing to 164 on air is not in anyones best interest.....
Eric

No diving with a HP 120 and slung 40 as bailout. Be your own nanny, I don't need one. Air at 1.6 is good to 186ft.

But not recommended. Below 130 doesn't require merely a bailout... It requires deco... Thus training. You may not need a nanny but even bouncing to 160 is a bad idea for the untrained. You don't know what you don't know. A rescue diver should know better.

Read Sheck Exley's a Blueprint for Survival. Although centered on cave divers, the study behind analyzing diver fatalities is really insightful. Exceeding training and diving deeper than one should are two of the big 5 reason divers die.

But hey it's always your call.

I'm not look'in to hit 130' for the sake of the depth, I've not yet gone to 100' although it's within my training but have walked away from several opportunities to do both simply because I prefer to reach those depths with an instructor by my side.I can't even begin the training I want to pursue without that Certification + 10 dives to 100' or better.Still look'in for a shop or instructor in the central Jersey area.

I'm not look'in to hit 130' for the sake of the depth, I've not yet gone to 100' although it's within my training but have walked away from several opportunities to do both simply because I prefer to reach those depths with an instructor by my side.I can't even begin the training I want to pursue without that Certification + 10 dives to 100' or better.Still look'in for a shop or instructor in the central Jersey area.

PM on it's way later. Got busy yesterday and heading to the pool for a while this morning.

The eighties callled and they want their tire gas back, and the mullet. 99 dives and bouncing to 164 on air is not in anyones best interest.....
Eric
This, especially for those who may have to recover a diver doing this. One of the biggest problems I have with divers doing stuff like this is not what could happen to them. I am a firm believer in if someone wants to risk killing themselves more power to them. But they should do it without the expectation that another diver will risk their safety to help them. On top of that when something does happen as the result of recklessness or stupidity resources are tied up. Resources that may be needed for a genuine accident. The amount of those taken out of service to render aid to a person who deliberately did something they knew they shouldn't can be huge. The people who did the bounce to 300+ in cozumel a couple years back and killed an instructor, crippled a DM, and left numerous people's lives shattered was a clear illustration of what selfish actions do. The emergency responders were tied up, transportation, hospital resources. For what? Bragging rights. Nothing more.

Thanks ddmattos Those were the numbers I came up with also.

Pretty sure AOW gets you to 130-150'

I'm rescue and have been to 164 on air but zero training. Bounce dive of course

Are we seriously listening to this guy?:confused: I am appalled by the comment.

" I'm rescue " What does that have to do with deep diving cert?

" I have been to 164 feet on Air " - Who in their right mind would want to dive 164 feet on AIR with a 120 and sling 40:shocked2: - The gas reserve is not even there, plus bottom time...etc:facepalm:

" but zero training" - Now it make sense:acclaim: - It is obvious you do not have the training required to complete the dive

As Jim - Untrained persons who gets hurt from their own stupidity just ruin the dive for everyone. No we have to get you to the Chamber as oppose to hunting for my lobster dinner

Not Cool:whack:

-I had promise the girlfriend lobster too

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom