Deep Blue Resort shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divertuck

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy all! Could anybody describe the shore diving at Deep Blue Resort? Perhaps you could discuss getting in and out (difficulty), critter action in the day and night, and favorite spots. Steve, Wendy and I will see you Saturday!:D

Hi

If you go to this page Deep Blue Utila - swim with whale sharks at our all inclusive resort. Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras the last video is of the shore dive, difficulty of getting in and out, there is about 30ft of coral rubble then you are on the sand chute that you can see in the video, it cant be too hard we had a couple who were in their 70's doing it the other week LOL, When you come back stay underwater over the coral rubble and you will see some great nudibranch's.

At night you normally get some great octopus encounters.

The reef in from of Deep Blue looked beautiful. I only wish I had the energy to do afternoon shore dives during the fabulous week we spent there. There were boats doing night dives on the same reef several nights.

the diving in front of deep blue resort is beautiful, shallow (colorful) coral garden.

Easiest way to do the Deep Blue shore dive is to tack it on to the end of your afternoon boat dive.

Ask Swin to drop you off on the way back and meander your way back to the resort.

- Mark

Agree on the drop-off from Swin if possible, but it will make you late for dinner quite likely. But that's certaidiv ideal for the dive.

I did the shore dive alone. I was 6 months removed from a herniated l4-l5 disc in my back. The shore entry for me was not easy. In addition to full gear I had my UW camera rig with me. Waves were crashing pretty good tossing me around and protecting my back and camera was difficult. After the intial 15-20 yards you can float your gear so it gets easy quick. I only made one shore dive as the waves got worse as the week went on, unfortunitely.

That aside, the entry is actually easy if wave action is minimal. Solid rock, albeit algae covered, right to a sand channel. With two divers it will be really easy.

The dive itself is awesome and well worth doing daily and at night. Rock pinnnacles can disorient you with a nice maze. Sand flat around 80 feet sloping to 120 and beyond with plenty of sand flat critters (wormfish, shrimp, etc). Do the dive first chance and you'll see its worth doing daily.

Steve you never told me about scanning for nudi's upon exit! What the?! :wink: See you soon my friend...

I'm still waiting to try out some of the shore diving here, but the weather isn't cooperating so far. Fingers crossed for that, but even if it doesn't happen I've already seen some cool stuff that's new to me (including a spotted eagle ray this afternoon) with a bunch more dives to come this week.

Hi Steve! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new page!!! Makes me so homesick, I can't wait to get back to Honduras in general and Utila specifically. Shirley, you look SO great! You are putting me to shame girlfriend. Save me a place at the table. Miss all you guys, say hello for me to Swin and all the staff.

Hi

If you go to this page Deep Blue Utila - swim with whale sharks at our all inclusive resort. Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras the last video is of the shore dive, difficulty of getting in and out, there is about 30ft of coral rubble then you are on the sand chute that you can see in the video, it cant be too hard we had a couple who were in their 70's doing it the other week LOL, When you come back stay underwater over the coral rubble and you will see some great nudibranch's.

At night you normally get some great octopus encounters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom