Deep Air VS CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All Jokes aside, since I like to "test" controversial positions and opinions in diving, rjack was referring to this thread ...

My Journey into UTD Ratio Deco

Those who are interested will find this discussion useful.

They sell euthanasia machines and manifolded sidemount rigs and call it DIR.
Perhaps surprising that I have never seen a single fatality report on their CCRs. Either the Meg parent or Kiss parent versions. So either: 1) nobody is diving those units and the whole course structure is a marketing myth after the initial burst of a few sales or 2) they are doing something right. I'm going with incredibly low market share making them look fatality free.

Perhaps surprising that I have never seen a single fatality report on their CCRs. Either the Meg parent or Kiss parent versions. So either: 1) nobody is diving those units and the whole course structure is a marketing myth after the initial burst of a few sales or 2) they are doing something right. I'm going with incredibly low market share making them look fatality free.

Agreed. Most sane people look at a breather with no automatic or passive O2 injection and run like hell.

Agreed. Most sane people look at a breather with no automatic or passive O2 injection and run like hell.
Well that and most people choose the unit their buddies or people in the area are diving, or via a demo day or something! They don't base their choices off the philosophical ruminations of a instructor trainer with only a handful of actual CCR dives and a flashy website.

It's a brutal night on SB, happy to contribute.
Happy to learn some areas have more enlightened view of spearfishing on RB, a lot of fish and game laws are made by people with little or no experience just opinions.
I'd be down with a CCR, only way I could afford the HE it would take to pull off my dives on mix. Not to mention the sheer weight in cylinders to carry that volume.

I wanted to find out more about the UTD ccr choices and watched a few videos they put together some time ago. However, after watching this video:

I'm just not sure he is correctly describing the experience of diving an mccr with cmf or needle valve installed. Am I missing something here?

I wanted to find out more about the UTD ccr choices and watched a few videos they put together some time ago. However, after watching this video:

I'm just not sure he is correctly describing the experience of diving an mccr with cmf or needle valve installed. Am I missing something here?
Wow! His analogies are awful, overexagerated, and dont even come close to how CMF and MCCR works. Most all his numbers are way off too. 20L a minute? 10 mins swimming and no noticeable drop in PO2? 1.2 drops to 1.98? WTF?? :eek:

Also, where did he get 20 litres from? Perhaps he
Wow! His analogies are awful, overexagerated, and dont even come close to how CMF and MCCR works. Most all his numbers are way off too. 20L a minute? 10 mins swimming and no noticeable drop in PO2? 1.2 drops to 1.98? WTF?? :eek:
Yeah. Perhaps he misquoted the 20 litres/min flow rate, but still, the rest of his analogy still seems way off..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom