Deep Air medical question(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP
I have been looking into some GUE courses down at 5th dimension.

I like a lot about what I hear regarding philosophy, and reasons behind things they do.

But I also read post here that discourages me.
There was the guy and his wife who drove from Iowa or somewhere and then all the post relating to that.
There was the post when Warren though he might get some training and all the warning he got.

It's not that I am worried about how I am treated it just sounds so anti educational.

I have been reading and following WKPP deco theories, and links I get from here, I also get a lot of information from some of the wreck divers in the UK and some info from John Bennet.
I then throw it all in the blender.

I would suspect that I will take a GUE course some day
But can you imagine me showing up there with my OMS bungee wings, tanks hanging from both sides, and a neoprene dry suit.

Is there a book or other reading material about gue's deco therories that you mention.

Originally posted by AquaTec
I would suspect that I will take a GUE course some day
But can you imagine me showing up there with my OMS bungee wings, tanks hanging from both sides, and a neoprene dry suit.
Nope.... well I can imagine it but it is not a pretty sight:wink:

The classroom stuff would really be a blast for you but the diving would have you back to square one and that is not fun...

Most long time divers feel that they are pretty good and the DIR classes are designed to dispell that notion and expose any weaknesses...

Like I said in another thread before you arrived:
"I used to be a pretty good diver."

Unfortunate as it may seem to those who like the buffet method the DIR system is holistic and they don't put all the stuff in the books. The rational is that to do what they do requires doing it the way they do. Deco is more that schedules.... it goes from buoyancy control to teamwork and a whole bunch of stuff inbetween.

I have friends that I have actually told: "Do not take the Tech class."

And I only suggest it to you because you seem to really want to push the envelope. It would cost you a great deal more than money to take the GUE classes. It would cost a lot of ego... it would take real determination to just set aside what you are and know and go start over with Andrew. But I am sure that after you did you would not go back to the way you are doing things now. That is not a slam on the way you are doing things... it is just that I am sure that is what would happen.

Well like I said, I am interested
Beleive me there is a lot of room for improvement in my diving skills.
just put my in a silty little wreck and I will show you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom