Deep 6 Signature Regs Review with Long Hose Config

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary_Ward

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I've recently purchased a set of regulators from Chris Richardsons *new* company Deep 6. I also chose to dive with a long hose configuration for recreational diving too. The choice of the regs had nothing to do with them coming in 'Kick-Ass Orange', but I am super impressed with them for their price. So impressed that I've done a short review video.... Check it out here
Have you guys had any experience with Deep 6 regs or other gear? What are your thoughts

I've been incredibly pleased with regs, fins, BP/W. So much that I became an affiliate as I use their gear for my OW classes and my future dive center. It is their business model where they support little guys like me that is another selling point. They help me provide quality equipment at a much lower cost.

Looking forward to getting one of their dry suits next.

I do wish their wetsuits took off as I have their 7 mil and it is incredibly well made

I've been incredibly pleased with regs, fins, BP/W. So much that I became an affiliate as I use their gear for my OW classes and my future dive center. It is their business model where they support little guys like me that is another selling point. They help me provide quality equipment at a much lower cost.

Looking forward to getting one of their dry suits next.

I do wish their wetsuits took off as I have their 7 mil and it is incredibly well made

I already had BP/W from elsewhere, but the second I hear that they have wetsuits in women's sizes and proportions, I'm jumping on it. I've heard nothing but good things about their wetsuits and I just have my fingers crossed that at some point they open a women's line.

Once I'm back to diving regularly again (and save up more) Deep6 is at the top of my list for switching out my current main gear to be my backups

I already had BP/W from elsewhere, but the second I hear that they have wetsuits in women's sizes and proportions, I'm jumping on it. I've heard nothing but good things about their wetsuits and I just have my fingers crossed that at some point they open a women's line.

Once I'm back to diving regularly again (and save up more) Deep6 is at the top of my list for switching out my current main gear to be my backups
Unfortunately the wetsuits didn't sell well so they discontinued making those.

Oh boo. They still showed as open when I looked recently but I must've not looked closely enough
They are selling at closeout prices

I've recently purchased a set of regulators from Chris Richardsons *new* company Deep 6....

Have you guys had any experience with Deep 6 regs or other gear? What are your thoughts
I'm confused by your definition of "new" because I bought my Deep 6 regs almost 3 years ago and I wouldn't have considered Deep 6 a new company even back then.

I have the first stage formerly known as the Scribble and the Blue Monday special blue signature regs that they had for a limited run in 2018. I absolutely love the set. My first trip with them was to LA and Catalina, then to Cozumel a couple weeks later and they've been as cold as 39°F in Lake Michigan last summer and never had an issue.

I like Dive Rite kit and bought an FT1/XT2 set for backgas duty. I later bought some Deep 6 Gear Excursion regs for deco. I liked how much better the Excursions breathed (same relative settings for the macro adjuster and surf lever) that I rotated them to backgas duty and the DRs to deco duty.

I wanted to be able to service my own kit so I used that as an excuse to fleet up to the D6G Signature Series for backgas duty and then took the service course with Landon. Sig Series regs are definitely nice to look at but I’m very happy with the internal quality of the design and components. The Excursions are settled back into deco duty on AL40s.

I dive with solid confidence. Later this month I’ll be cruising around the Oriskany for about 40 minutes of BT with a total RT of ~120 minutes. Also planning a loooing coastal dive from Lauderdale, going to see if I can crank out a 6 hour dive north.

Anyways, I’m where I want to be with my regs.

The XT2s are on ST rec duty now. After I get my wife and daughter on D6G regs, I’ll probably upgrade my rec kit.

The D6G wetsuit is one for the history books. It’ll go down as a classic. Love mine.

Dry suit on the horizon. Bought one but have been lazy about sending in my measurements. Probably should so I can start traveling and get some CW dives in to build my experience.

I've got their regs, love them. Got the fins, love them. Got the 3mm wetsuit for travelling (my profile pic is me wearing it on Bonaire), and I love it. Good company, good people, good gear, good prices.

Back
Top Bottom