Deep 6 Backplate questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The alternate use of "CE" as a mark meaning an item is for export from China was a popular web myth that went around a few years ago, and you can still find reference to it as a discredited rumor/myth with a quick Google search, but the"CE" mark is protected by trademark (i.e., you can't legally make a mark that is cofusingly similar) in many jurisdictions.

The far bigger risk is that some manufacturers will self-certify products they know to be inadequate, or will certify products that are adequate but then omit certain elements needed for certification in cheaper versions of the product that are then fraudulently sold with the "CE" mark. And a high percentage of these products do come from China, where respect for intellectual property, safety, and other such rules has significant room for growth. Buy a cheap aftermarket iPhone charger and your odds of experiencing this firsthand are fairly high.
My regs got CE in a lab in Italy, and it cost the equivalent of a new small car. In fact you wont see my first stages with CE on them yet because the lab didn't get done until after I had made my first production run, going forward they are marked CE (current production run). My second finished CE while they were still in production and the CE was laser etched on them prior to shipping to me.

Some (not many actually) stuff for diving is self certify and simple, others, not so much.

@cerich Will you be doing buoyancy packages, similar to the regulator packages? (e.g. 30lb wing, steel plate, harness - together)

Yes we will, just need to get a few more things sorted first and then I will add them to the system.

@cerich Will you be doing buoyancy packages, similar to the regulator packages? (e.g. 30lb wing, steel plate, harness - together)
Does anybody mind if before I offer packages on the website I have everything needed for the packages? Like cam bands, sta's and weight pockets etc.

Does anybody mind if before I offer packages on the website I have everything needed for the packages? Like cam bands, sta's and weight pockets etc.
Even better! My next question was going to be if you'll be offering cam bands, etc.

Even better! My next question was going to be if you'll be offering cam bands, etc.
yes... and thanks!

Grr. I was narrowing down my bp&w search, but now I'm going to have to hold off to see what yummies Deep6 comes up with.

(ordering 4 second stages, 2 first stages and fins tonight).

R.

Hey, while we're at it, does Deep 6 have any plans for tank valves (with accompanying Deep 6 servicing policies)? A friend gave me a tank for free and I'm going to take it to the LDS for inspection, but the yoke valve looks pretty beat up and my Deep 6 regs are DIN.

Im sure they have a lot of things in the pipeline, but I imagine that for now their emphasis will be on supplying current orders, getting the documentation available and consolidating what they have achieved so far. It's a small operation in terms of staff, so I for one am grateful that they are not expanding too far too fast.
I want longevity from my gear supplier and it looks like they are in it for the long haul. The price we have to pay is patience.

That being said, Im looking forward to having a fully orange gear rack in the not-too-distant future!

My dive buddy is going for the full on orange D6 gear and he is wanting an orange hog harness kit. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom