Dedicated to the beautiful women of SB.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Let me go and get some tissues!!!
Thats so beautiful!! :10:

Can we have a dedicated poetry corner then? Those should be in their own space and time :)

ling:
Is this the money=happiness woman that you lt go?

No. The latest two poems were written for an old love. We were engaged when we were young, parted ways, and rediscovered each other just this past fall. She is now married, and so we'll never be down that path again. The poems are just a reflection of emmotions knowing that we can't be anything but friends.

The money=happiness girl never got a single poem from me. She didn't deserve it.

hey, this is a poem i wrote a long time ago, and re-worked it some (it doesn't reflect
my current life; i am happily married)

GOODBYE

You want to drive your car to Miami.
You want your life back.
You came to say goodbye.

At the hospital, when we met,
I was pale as death.
And you fell in love with death.

Here's this picture: You, me,
Payne's Prairie in the background.
When I held you for the camera

I could not breathe.
In a hundred years,
none of this will matter,

our first day together,
our last, you, me, the dust
that coats your car like rain.

You came to say goodbye.
What can I say?
Goodbye.

Awesome mem! It's more proof that women fall in love with their ears and men fall in love with their eyes. That's fortunate for me. My brother always says "If women don't find ya handsome at least they can find ya handy"- from the Red/Green show. I think you could add ". . . handy or a poet" to that. OOps, I didn't mean you weren't handsome. And that didn't mean you WERE handsome, I wouldn't know. Wait, I'll ask my wife. Yep, she says you're handsome too- of course she had already read your poetry so I'm sure she couldn't see straight. <Just got smacked in the head> I know. . . stop digging! I should just delete this reply and go fix something.

Beautiful poem, Eric. Thank you.

one hundred years, all new people? hey andy, thats my line... you should not be reworking the past though....thats the first way they get you.

hey resurrecting ancient threads is my MO. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom